No, Daddy, Don't! by Irene Pence

No, Daddy, Don't! (2003)

by Irene Pence

(SUB) ? (1) 1 (1) 1990s (1) 2000s (1) ? Century (1) abuse (1) Author (P) (1) Average Rating 4.0 (1) child abuse (1) crime (3) crime and mystery (1) daughters (1) domestic abuse (1) ebook (1) fathers (2) horror (1) library (1) marriage (1) murder (2) non-fiction (9) paperback (1) pb (1) read (1) sold (1) TC (1) to-read (3) true crime (17) unread (1) USA (1) wishlist (1)

Read this one many many years ago and even though I can't find a review for this book I do remember I thought it was shocking.

As I just wrote to someone here on Goodreads. What is worse is that nowadays a lot of killing by mostly their dads is happening. Over the last decade there have been many killings like this one. Mainly men who cannot stand that the mother of their children is seeing someone else, or that they do not have control over them anymore, need to have revenge and they do that by killing the innocent children. They know that will hurt their mother.
Even more disgusting is that a lot of the time they do not kill themselves. Too chicken for that.

Now because I do not remember this book except for what happened, I will not rate it.
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
Good but not so good book. It is hard to say I enjoyed reading a book about such a horrific event. The story was hard to read at parts and I hurt for the mom. But being based on true events it is a must read especially for someone living in an abusive relationship, to know there aren't always warning signs for someone to do such a terrible thing! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Feb 10, 2015 |
Words can't describe what I have to say about this piece of crap person. 'Nuf Full Review ( )
  SenoraG163 | Sep 10, 2011 |
"Dometic violence is always about power and control."
Professor Michelle Laborde Ghetti
For Faith and Liberty
"Stop! Please help me!" screamed a hysterical woman as she waved down a passing squad car.

Mary Jean Pearle and John Battaglia's marriage seemed picture perfect from the outside. With their two young daughters, Faith and Liberty, they made their home in a wealthy Dallas suburb. John was handsome, charming, and successful - but behind his mask of normality lay a vicious, violent abuser who'd brutally beaten his first wife - and who made Mary Jean the new target of his irrational rages. After nine hellish years, she divorced Battaglia. 'I Never Thought He'd Hurt The Children ...' On Christmas Day, 1999, during a court-ordered family visit, he attacked her in front of their daughters. For the next two years, he threatened, harassed and stalked her. Mary Jean feared for her life, but not for the lives of the children, with whom Battaglia was never anything less than caring, loving, and gentle. But in spring, 2001, when Faith and Liberty were visiting their father, Mary Jean received a message to call her daughters. Helpless, horrified, she heard her older daughter's pleading cries. Then came the sound of gunshots - followed by silence. What evil impulses had driven a seemingly devoted father the ultimate act of violence and Betrayal...and how would justice be served?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,654,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible