Onyx (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (A Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Info:Entangled Teen (2012), Paperback, 416 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Paranormal, Romance, Aliens, Young Adult

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows (A Lux Novella) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity (The Taking) by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (70)  Italian (2)  All languages (72)
Can someone get these heroines some self-esteem and listening skills to go with it. I love this second installment of the Lux series but man Katy drove me shit bonkers this time around. I wanted to slap her upside the head many times. It was so obvious how Daemon felt about her but it was like she wasn't hearing him. He tries so hard to protect her but she wouldn't give him the chance some of the time, okay I know she's a strong character and can handle herself but she's in his world and he knows the danger more than she can imagine.

Katy screws up big time and I was doing the, I told you so, you should have gotten your head out of your ass and listen and not be so damn stubborn. I'm not sure why Katy fought Daemon at every turn, when he was trying do right by her and his sister Dee, was she afraid to deal with her feelings for him?, was she worried he didn't feel the same way?(even though he tells and shows her many times), or did she just had a hard time accepting it and was afraid to take a chance. She claims she doesn't run away from difficult things but she kept running away from Daemon. She even kept important alien, life and death info from him(really?), if she finds out something important i'm thinking "oh good, she's on her way to tell him" but nooo she sees him and runs the other way because can't deal with him now(Huh?). She constantly picks a fight(even though Daemon likes that about her) rather than peacefully talking things out and is always lying about her feelings, which I think she really started believe herself. Another big thing about Katy his she tends to not follow her instincts, woman's intuition, evil could be staring her in the eye and she knows it but she tells herself she's it's just paranoid or it's Daemon's paranoia influence or she just completely blocks it out, it seems.

This book was still pretty funny, especially Daemon's dislike for Bleck, Boob, Flake, oh yeah, Blake. I'm sure Daemon knew Blake's name but for his life he would not call him anything but, it was so funny. This book was a lot more action packed. Daemon was redeemed and was still a dickhead at times but also still swoon worthy as Katy might describe some of the male heroes from the books she blogs about. Love it, even with Katy's mind boggling choices.

Now to waiting for the third installment.

GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Wow this was amazing!! I had read some mixed reviews on the sequel, but I wasn't disappointed at all! I was intrigued, again, with every turn of the page. There is so much betrayal and heartache, love and power in this story. Katy is one of those female characters you actually will LOVE. She is strong willed, smart, and selfless. The passion between the main characters (Katy and Daemon) is perfect, not too steamy and explicit but not super PG either. Less is always more, I say. And it makes it feel totally real, this connection between them both physical and emotional and DNA..al. Ha. Besides the love part of it, THIS STORY LINE IS SO INTERESTING. I am impressed and intrigued by the awesome alien story that keeps me spinning with its awesomeness. I am so sorry for not using a different adjective. I'm just so happy with this series so far and am being very vague as not to spoil anything. I've read it pretty quickly and am going to dive into the third book immediately! I highly recommend it if you love paranormal worlds, true romance, strong characters, and sassy boys with sweet hearts.
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
Onyx book 2 about (Daemon and Katy characters I fallen in love with) well what can I say this is an addictive series after you started with book 1,you need to read the next one, this is a must have series, I must be honest – I am glad I only started to read this series this week as the final book will be published on the 5 August 2014 so less than a month to wait ( )
  Deleine | Feb 6, 2016 |
Not quite as a good as the first one, but I still read the whole thing within 24 hours and I'm really looking forward to the next one. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
4.5 Deamon, flairs hot and bright in this book. He gets to put his bedazzle on and I as many others liked it. This one sexy-yumific alien. He steps up and takes care of business, even dealing well with a crazy maybe girlfriend and her maybe semi- two timing ways. Really, it's complicated, you'll see.
It is a great edition to the series, a lot of hair pulling scenes and screaming obscenities moments from this reader. Oh it was so twisted, I loved it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)

68 wanted6 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible