Onyx (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (A Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Info:Entangled Teen (2012), Paperback, 416 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Paranormal, Romance, Aliens, Young Adult

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Recently added bygilmore, snazz, T3H_MaCHi_MaCH, livieisbill, MABoone, JRlibrary, Kate.Good, private library
    Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (59)  Italian (2)  All languages (61)
Of course, once you read the first book, you have to continue and read the second just to find out what happens. This gets a little steamier, and I think it would be best to pass the series along to my high school. ( )
  JRlibrary | Jul 9, 2014 |
This book is amazing. There is no other way to put it. Jennifer L. Armentrout delivers yet another brilliantly entertaining book that fans will most certainly devour. I definitely devoured it – I finished the whole book within 2 sittings. This book had so much tension in it, it was crazy. There were times when i wanted to throw it at the wall, but the ending, in my opinion, was amazing- sad, exhilarating, and left you wanting to start Opal(Book 3) the same second you finished reading the last words on it,but nonetheless amazing. It's a fantastic series that I recommend to everyone. The Lux series is just magnificent! ( )
  AllaIssa | Jun 26, 2014 |
Daemon ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Great sequel to Obsidian! Katy is a fun character, but I had a hard time with her always pushing Daemon away for some made-up reason or another. Granted, he can be a totally immature goof (how many different ways can you screw up the name Blake, honestly?), but it was clear to everyone on the planet that he was into her prior to their connection, so I'm not sure why she latched onto that as an excuse to push him away.

And I'll admit there were times when I really wanted to slap her for going to Blake first instead of talking to Daemon, but aside from Katy's poor choices, the book was great.

There was so much action! It was non-stop, one heart-pounding scene after another.

And that Thanksgiving scene was so tender and romantic. *swoon*

Really looking forward to the next in this series! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
What can I say? I am in love with this series, and with Daemon. Duh!
Honestly, I like the Lux series more than the Covenant... Greek mythology somehow can't capture my attention all that much. But aliens??? Heck yeah!

So, in this installment, we get to see a lot more of the good side of Deamon. I mean, he has his jerk-o moments, and I love him for those too! But also, there are those sweet moments, when I just wanted to kiss him senseless. Or be kissed senseless, doesn't matter. Not really. LOL

Anyway, Onyx is the turning point of this series, I think. So many things happen, so many fates are changed, that the reader is about to explode! Even though I'd known what was to happen, sort of, I was totally surprised by HOW it happened and WHY. I was left with my mouth hanging open for more when I finished the last page, and gosh! I just couldn't handle to wait and got into Opal right away. Addictive much?

Definito!

At first, I can't say I liked Katy much. I mean, she insisted she trusted Daemon, but did all the things he told her not to. Sure, she didn't want to be bossed around, but hello! It never occured to her that all those suspicious things she noticed, might be actually a warning she should heed! Grrr!!! Poor Daemon, and Dee, and even Ash and Andrew!

Blake was sort of a likeable character at first. But then he started doing tricks to Katy (which she totally ignored as legit signs that he wasn't totally honest) and I could hardly stand him! But dang! I don't think Blake was guilty of what happened. He was sort of pushed to the edge. I believe all the events fall on Katy. *sigh* Why is it always the girl who should bear the guilt on her shoulders is beyond me.

Well, in my opinion, Onyx couldn't be written any better. I enjoyed every bit of it. So... if you haven't yet read it, go do that now. ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)

32 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,545,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible