Onyx (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (A Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Info:Entangled Teen (2012), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:Alien, Daemon, 2nd, Blake

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows (A Lux Novella) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity (The Taking) by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (70)  Italian (2)  All languages (72)
Onyx book 2 about (Daemon and Katy characters I fallen in love with) well what can I say this is an addictive series after you started with book 1,you need to read the next one, this is a must have series, I must be honest – I am glad I only started to read this series this week as the final book will be published on the 5 August 2014 so less than a month to wait ( )
  Deleine | Feb 6, 2016 |
  Deleine | Feb 6, 2016 |
Not quite as a good as the first one, but I still read the whole thing within 24 hours and I'm really looking forward to the next one. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
I have to be honest here. I bought this while I was reading Obsidian and immediately started it after finishing Obsidian. I felt a little bit like a what I imagine a druggy feels with my need to keep reading. Congratulations JLA, you’ve hooked me again.

While Obsidian may have had elements that reminded me of Twilight, Onyx just knocked it right out of the park. It didn’t remind me of any other books I’ve read (which is always nice). There was quite a bit going on in Onyx and a majority of the “problems” were only resolved on a short-term timetable, so I’m curious what will happen in the rest of the series.

I agreed with Katy that Daemon needed to earn her forgiveness and prove that he had real feelings for her, but then she decided to be unnecessarily stupid (not just stubborn). Because Daemon basically spent the book “proving” himself, I may have swooned a bit for Daemon this time around. I admit it, I really like the fire between Katy and Daemon. They seem to feed off of each other’s annoyance, but then they have such sweet moments that you can’t help but cheer for them.

Dee and Adam are amazing! I liked that more of a relationship developed between them in Onyx. There were moments when I felt kind of bad for Dee, but I don’t think it’s fair to say that the strain on her and Katy’s friendship is all Katy’s fault. Dee didn’t exactly make a huge effort to reach out (a couple of times doesn’t count). They’re both to blame.

I didn’t like Blake from the get-go. He was a little too up front. Don’t get me wrong, I like it when someone is blunt, but if you literally just met the person you shouldn’t say you like them in a romantic sense (how on earth would you know?). As the book went on, I could feel myself frowning at Blake’s “coaching efforts.” Katy should’ve realized something wasn’t right. You really can’t ignore those gut feelings and it irked me that she continued to act stupid and ignore a LOT of red flags.

I thought Daemon’s jealousy was strangely endearing (which makes me very concerned for the way my brain and hormones work). I realize his feelings toward Blake contributed to Katy’s full on stupidity, but still. Get a grip. I really am concerned that I found jealousy endearing though.

Overall, I really enjoyed Onyx. I’m completely hooked on yet another JLA series, except this time I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (I own all of the books in the series and pre-ordered Oblivion). I’ve already started Opal and I’m a little concerned that I confused something in this review and it actually happened it Opal. I would highly recommend reading Onyx, if you’ve already read Obsidian.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Jan 6, 2016 |
Onyx is the second book in the Lux series starting right off where Obsidian left off. Katy has just had a crazy weekend but that was nothing compared to what happens next.
First lets talk about Katy. She goes through quite a lot in this book physically and emotionally. Katy is hung up about whether or not to believe Daemon really likes her or if it's the connection spurring him on. I get where Katy is coming from and although it gets a little old a few times in the book, Armentrout balances it with the interactions between Daemon and Katy. We get to see a new side to Daemon Black and I love his character even more in this book. I love how Armentrout can write him to where he's still "don't mess-with-me" Daemon but there is so much more to him. You really get to see them fall in love over the corse of this story. It takes their relationship from lust to love with still a little hate mixed in there. And I'm glad because they wouldn't be Katy and Damen without some witty banter.
New characters are introduced in Onyx; Blake, who adds drama to the group and Will, who had a roll in the prequel novella, Shadows, plays a bigger roll in this story. Armentrout also opens up the Lux world to show more of the DOD and Arum. All this adds new dimension to the plot.
As second books go, this was a great one. Yes, I hated some of the decisions Katy made but I understood them. Armentrout did a good job of getting us through the drama by giving us a lot of Daemon and Katy time. Thank you! I love this about Armentrout. She knows this is what we want and she give it to us!
I recommend this book to anyone who likes sifi, YA fantasy, romance, action, and bad boys with a heart. ( )
  elvinbecky | Jan 6, 2016 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)

68 wanted6 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,124,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible