Onyx (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (A Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Info:Entangled Teen (2012), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:Alien, Daemon, 2nd, Blake

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (57)  Italian (1)  All languages (58)
Daemon ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Great sequel to Obsidian! Katy is a fun character, but I had a hard time with her always pushing Daemon away for some made-up reason or another. Granted, he can be a totally immature goof (how many different ways can you screw up the name Blake, honestly?), but it was clear to everyone on the planet that he was into her prior to their connection, so I'm not sure why she latched onto that as an excuse to push him away.

And I'll admit there were times when I really wanted to slap her for going to Blake first instead of talking to Daemon, but aside from Katy's poor choices, the book was great.

There was so much action! It was non-stop, one heart-pounding scene after another.

And that Thanksgiving scene was so tender and romantic. *swoon*

Really looking forward to the next in this series! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
What can I say? I am in love with this series, and with Daemon. Duh!
Honestly, I like the Lux series more than the Covenant... Greek mythology somehow can't capture my attention all that much. But aliens??? Heck yeah!

So, in this installment, we get to see a lot more of the good side of Deamon. I mean, he has his jerk-o moments, and I love him for those too! But also, there are those sweet moments, when I just wanted to kiss him senseless. Or be kissed senseless, doesn't matter. Not really. LOL

Anyway, Onyx is the turning point of this series, I think. So many things happen, so many fates are changed, that the reader is about to explode! Even though I'd known what was to happen, sort of, I was totally surprised by HOW it happened and WHY. I was left with my mouth hanging open for more when I finished the last page, and gosh! I just couldn't handle to wait and got into Opal right away. Addictive much?

Definito!

At first, I can't say I liked Katy much. I mean, she insisted she trusted Daemon, but did all the things he told her not to. Sure, she didn't want to be bossed around, but hello! It never occured to her that all those suspicious things she noticed, might be actually a warning she should heed! Grrr!!! Poor Daemon, and Dee, and even Ash and Andrew!

Blake was sort of a likeable character at first. But then he started doing tricks to Katy (which she totally ignored as legit signs that he wasn't totally honest) and I could hardly stand him! But dang! I don't think Blake was guilty of what happened. He was sort of pushed to the edge. I believe all the events fall on Katy. *sigh* Why is it always the girl who should bear the guilt on her shoulders is beyond me.

Well, in my opinion, Onyx couldn't be written any better. I enjoyed every bit of it. So... if you haven't yet read it, go do that now. ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |
Can someone get these heroines some self-esteem and listening skills to go with it. I love this second installment of the Lux series but man Katy drove me shit bonkers this time around. I wanted to slap her upside the head many times. It was so obvious how Daemon felt about her but it was like she wasn't hearing him. He tries so hard to protect her but she wouldn't give him the chance some of the time, okay I know she's a strong character and can handle herself but she's in his world and he knows the danger more than she can imagine.

Katy screws up big time and I was doing the, I told you so, you should have gotten your head out of your ass and listen and not be so damn stubborn. I'm not sure why Katy fought Daemon at every turn, when he was trying do right by her and his sister Dee, was she afraid to deal with her feelings for him?, was she worried he didn't feel the same way?(even though he tells and shows her many times), or did she just had a hard time accepting it and was afraid to take a chance. She claims she doesn't run away from difficult things but she kept running away from Daemon. She even kept important alien, life and death info from him(really?), if she finds out something important i'm thinking "oh good, she's on her way to tell him" but nooo she sees him and runs the other way because can't deal with him now(Huh?). She constantly picks a fight(even though Daemon likes that about her) rather than peacefully talking things out and is always lying about her feelings, which I think she really started believe herself. Another big thing about Katy his she tends to not follow her instincts, woman's intuition, evil could be staring her in the eye and she knows it but she tells herself she's it's just paranoid or it's Daemon's paranoia influence or she just completely blocks it out, it seems.

This book was still pretty funny, especially Daemon's dislike for Bleck, Boob, Flake, oh yeah, Blake. I'm sure Daemon knew Blake's name but for his life he would not call him anything but, it was so funny. This book was a lot more action packed. Daemon was redeemed and was still a dickhead at times but also still swoon worthy as Katy might describe some of the male heroes from the books she blogs about. Love it, even with Katy's mind boggling choices.

Now to waiting for the third installment.

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

Now to waiting for the third installment.

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)

32 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible