Batwoman | The New 52 Volume 1: Hydrology by…

Batwoman | The New 52 Volume 1: Hydrology (edition 2012)

by J.H. Williams III, Amy Reeder (Illustrator), W. Hayden Blackman

Collections:Your library, Comics
Rating:*****
Tags:Comics, DC Comics, Batman, Capes

Batwoman Vol. 1: Hydrology by III J. H. Williams

2012 (4) 2013 (4) adult (3) Batman (13) Batwoman (17) BD (1) comic (4) comic books (3) comic collection (1) comics (17) compilation (1) DC (12) DC Comics (9) dcu (2) ebook (2) fiction (8) Flamebird (2) Gotham (2) graphic novel (31) Graphic Novels/Comics (1) lesbian (7) lgbt (3) New 52 (5) read (2) series (2) superhero (5) superheroes (17) teen (3) The New 52 (3) to-read (5)

The artwork was the main saving point of the this graphic novel series. It lacked character depth and the dialogue seemed forced. ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 28, 2014 |
So here I am, jumping into another New 52 title. I was mostly interested in Batwoman/Kate Kane because I know she's a lesbian, but I knew very little else about her, so it was a bit tough to just jump right in here, even though the New 52 is supposed to be a reboot.

I enjoyed it, though; I like that in contrast to what I normally think of when I think of the Batfamily, without supernatural elements, here we've got Kate Kane basically going through an episode of Supernatural. It's interesting reading that at the same time as I'm getting into Batgirl -- and I like that there's plenty of stuff around in Kate's normal life, too. More than Batgirl's, maybe; I got more of a sense of the wider world surrounding Kate, anyway.

The art looks really cool; I love the red/black look Kate's got going on. ( )
1 vote shanaqui | Mar 1, 2014 |
Nefasto. DC (y los escritores de este comic) tenían una buena historia y un buen personaje y los sacrificaron para proyectar sus gustos personales y tratar de complacer a audiencias que no consumen comics. ( )
  darioha | Feb 26, 2014 |

J. H. Williams, IIIprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blackman, W. HadenAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Reeder, AmyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Friend, RichardArtist ("Beyond the Shadow," Kate sequence)secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klein, ToddLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, DaveColoristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Batwoman Assessment, Night 7: Proving my hypothesis is taking longer than expected... I still haven't verified Batwoman is, in fact, Kate Kane.

Batwoman (a.ka. Kate Kane) faces deadly new challenges in her war against Gotham City's underworld, and new trials in her personal life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,461,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible