Omega Point by Guy Haley
282389,858 (3)None

Sometimes I curse my need to finish everything I start. The thing about this book is that, like its predecessor, I feel like I should like it more than I do. I enjoy the characters (particularly Richards). I think the worldbuilding is interesting. But when it all comes together, it just doesn't work for me. This one in particular felt like to separate and tonally unrelated books jammed up together, alternating between one and the other. ( )
  rrainer | Apr 30, 2013 |
The second Richards and Klein novel isn't so much as the partners are split. Richards is in the Reality Realms, cut off from grid access and stuck in his own body trying to find his fellow Fives and get to k52. Complete with a giant soldier teddy bear as company. Reminiscent of Tad Williams' Otherworld, this virtual realm half of the book.

While Otto takes Chures and Valdaire and tries to find a genius hacker who may be the only one that can get them back in to the reality realms before a nuclear strike is called on their housing facility. They just have to survive attacks by a crazed and severely upgraded fellow cyborg soldier of Otto's to do so. And not get killed by Cossacks or Chinese powered armour soldiers, either.

http://freesf.strandedinoz.com/wordpress/2012/03/omega-point-guy-haley/ ( )
1 vote BlueTysonSS | Mar 27, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0857661493, Mass Market Paperback)

The powerful artificial intelligence designated k52 has a plan to take over the world.

If it were to create an artificial reality based on our own universe it could theoretically gain enough data to be able to alter reality itself, turning k52 into the ultimate arbiter of mankind's fate.

It’s down to Richards and Klein to stop k52 – even though the alternative could be worse!

File Under: Science Fiction [ Ghost In The Machine | Where's Waldo? | Consulting Defective |

e-book ISBN: 978-0-85766-150-0

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:48 -0400)

Richards and Klein must stop the powerful artificial intelligence, designated k52, from altering reality and directing the destiny of all mankind, which would effectively render it a god.

1 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,523,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible