Princess of the Silver Woods (Twelve Dancing…

Princess of the Silver Woods (Twelve Dancing Princesses) (edition 2012)

by Jessica Day George

2092055,966 (3.58)24
Member:JudithElaine
Title:Princess of the Silver Woods (Twelve Dancing Princesses)
Authors:Jessica Day George
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Princess of the Silver Woods is the final entry in Jessica Day George’s Twelve Dancing Princesses trilogy. In this book the focus is on the youngest of the twelve, Petunia. The story comes full circle as once again the King Under Stone and his henchmen are threatening all the princesses and the girls, their boyfriends and husbands all must work together to find a final solution.

Petunia was feisty and fun, Oliver, her love interest, was brave and handsome. Although the opening of the book was connected to Little Red Riding Hood, this aspect of the story was quickly abandoned as it reverted back to the original Twelve Dancing Princesses. Although I will always count the first book as my favorite, I did enjoy this one and felt it was a good way to finish off the trilogy. I felt the author was giving her fans a present with this book as it brought back all the familiar characters and gave us a true “Happy Ever After” ending.

I enjoy fairy-tale based fantasy stories and this trilogy hit all the right notes being lightly romantic, charming and pleasing without becoming cloying or overdone. I am happy to have ended one of my many series but I am also a little sorry that each of the 12 princesses didn’t get her own story. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 2, 2016 |
3.5 stars. I liked it but I didn't think it was as good as the first one. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Plot: 4 stars
Characters: 4 stars
Style: 3 stars
Pace: 3 1/2 stars

Of the three in this set, so far at least, I like this one best. It only has one moment of severe plot-convenient stupidity, and the rest is actually not too predictable for once. Well, I mean, it is, but not as badly as the others, so that's progress. Despite the Red Ridinghood trappings, Petunia is no hapless maiden, and the wolf is far safer than the grandmother. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
This is a continuation of the tale of the twelve dancing princesses. The princesses are haunted by nightmares because the chains binding the King Under Stone are weakening. The author weaves the story of Red Riding Hood into this story but it takes some unexpected turns. I was enthralled. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Mar 23, 2014 |
Full review coming as part of the blog tour. ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |

When Petunia, the youngest of King Gregor’s twelve dancing daughters, is invited to visit an elderly friend in the neighboring country of Westfalin, she welcomes the change of scenery. But in order to reach Westfalin, Petunia must pass through a forest where strange two-legged wolves are rumored to exist. Wolves intent on redistributing the wealth of the noble citizens who have entered their territory. But the bandit-wolves prove more rakishly handsome than truly dangerous, and it’s not until Petunia reaches her destination that she realizes the kindly grandmother she has been summoned to visit is really an enemy bent on restoring an age-old curse.

The stories of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood get a twist as Petunia and her many sisters take on bandits, grannies, and the new King Under Stone to end their family curse once and for all.

When Petunia, youngest of the dancing princesses, is ambushed by bandits in wolf masks on her way to visit an elderly neighbor, the line between enemies and friends becomes blurred as she and her sisters get a chance to end their family's curse once and for all.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,325,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible