The Darkest Minds (Bonus Content) (A Darkest…

The Darkest Minds (Bonus Content) (A Darkest Minds Novel) (edition 2018)

by Alexandra Bracken (Author)

Member:LottsOLuvv
Title:The Darkest Minds (Bonus Content) (A Darkest Minds Novel)
Authors:Alexandra Bracken (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2018), Edition: Reprint, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Unwind by Neal Shusterman (aeleone)
    aeleone: Similar set up with children abandoned by their parents sent to a camp. The Unwind series does not have supernatural powers, but it does have a very messed up world in which children are not valued.

English (116)  German (2)  All languages (118)
Not a bad dystopian book. I am a sucker for stores where people have powers, so I enjoyed seeing all the kids and their different abilities. I liked the characters a lot. I kept imagining Zu as Eleven form Stranger Things, since they're about the same age and both have really short hair haha. Seeing what Ruby went through with her parents and the camp was really sad. I'm glad she was strong and resilient and made it out okay. Her powers are pretty cool and I hope to see more of what she can do next book. The ending left so many unanswered questions, agh! I'll definitely need to read book 2! ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
4.5-4.75 ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I can’t get into this book. I’ll admit, I saw the movie preview before I knew it was a book. But the movie looked so exciting. So, of course I wanted to read the book first.
Now, it’s always a personal preference with books but I just never got into this.
I realized I must have read about 250 pages and didn’t feel like anything had happened yet. Halfway through the book and it felt like there was very little emphasis on anyone’s powers.
This is probably a trilogy and I know that books do a slower payoff on storyline if it’s going to stretch between multiple books.
And this book had the unfortunate order on my TBR list of falling between my reading To Kill a Mockingjay for the first time and starting up an ARC of Daisy Jones and the Six.
For whatever reason, it’s a DNF for me. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
I feel like this book is just a less cheesy version of the X-Men. But I like the X-Men and will probably continue reading the series. ( )
  aurorapaigem | Dec 1, 2018 |
Children are dying in the United States. Those that survive develop unnatural abilities, and are classified by color according to how dangerous those abilities are. The totalitarian-leaning government in power imprisons them all. Some escape, and some are aided by shadowy organizations. Not all help is for the the children's benefit though, and no one can be trusted. Ruby, whose parents had called the police to come get her, is broken out of a camp by people she doesn't trust who want to use her abilities. Fleeing them, she meets three escapees from another camp and they join forces to seek a safer place. ( )
  lilibrarian | Nov 15, 2018 |

Alexandra Brackenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bezzenberger, Marie-LuiseTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Borzobohata-Sawicka, MariaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lemoine, DanielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McFadden, AmyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Murillo, IsabelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yuen, SammyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Stephanie and Daniel, who were in every minivan with me
PROLOGUE: When the white noise went off, we were in the garden, pulling weeds.
Grace Somerfield was the first to die.

"Sixteen-year-old Ruby breaks out of a government-run 'rehabilitation camp' for teens who acquired dangerous powers after surviving a virus that wiped out most American children"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,764,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible