Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass (edition 2012)

by Sarah J. Maas

Member:usagijihen
Title:Throne of Glass
Authors:Sarah J. Maas
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:arc, 2012, reviewed, best of 2012

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Recently added byHbeck, misshannahlori, Mirandalg14, luckygirl1221, rena70, private library, ladyofbadgers
    Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (foggidawn)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (luna_lovegood)
    luna_lovegood: Exactly as kazhout said "strong, beautiful, intelligent, and sassy." Plus, badass and good heart.
    The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: This prequel to Throne of Glass explains more of Celaena's past and her love for Sam.

English (107)  German (1)  All languages (108)
Good balance of action and reflection. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not bad. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Done. I give up at 46%. I just don't give a fuck and I'm dozing off.

Don't know if I can even review this. Might try tomorrow. Might not. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Interesting and captivating story with a strong and brave main character, the writing was fair. ( )
  dinelson | Aug 11, 2014 |
"You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That's what scares you the most."
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Hmm. At first, I was kind of annoyed at Celaena. This was the first book I've read about an assassin that cares about her appearance so much. But then I realized that she was just eighteen. She was girl who didn't experienced any of those given that at a very young age, she was trained to be an assassin and then captured to be a slave. Not so much time to be girly, right? Also, she was kind of perfect. I wish I felt the assassin vibe more.

The love triangle. I liked that the boy whom she will likely choose is not so obvious. I mean, reading books with love triangles, you could always notice the underdogs. You could easily point out the guy that's going to be friendzoned. And then, even though you liked that other guy (he's perfect), suddenly he will become so mean and that just make me so pissed. Fortunately, this didn't have that problem. It was really hard to guess what Celaena is thinking most of the times.

I liked Chaol (The Captain Guard) more than Dorian (The Crown Prince). Really, I don't know why. Dorian was sweet, funny and adorable. He was also smart and stupid at the same time. On the other hand, Chaol was moody and unpredictable. In the outside, at least. I know that he cares for her more than what he's letting on. They both have feelings for Celaena. I wished their friendship will not be destroyed because they liked the same girl.

The world building. I am still confused about that. There was once creatures who practiced magic and then a king with no magic just conquered and banished them? How the hell did that happen? I hope the next books will give me insight about that if what I'm saying even makes sense.

I kind of disliked the book being in the third POV. It was confusing as hell! Or maybe that was just me. Still, I did enjoy reading this one!

I am quite shocked to know that this is a part of a 6-book series. Ugh. The long wait... Anyway, that's all I have to say. I'm looking forward to read the next book!k ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

After she has served a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, Crown Prince Dorian offers eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien her freedom on the condition that she act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,098,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible