Wrath by Laurann Dohner
Wrath volunteers to live and work outside Homeland where he'll once again be confined in a small space with other males. He was subjected to horrific abuse and conditioning and forced to view endless sex tapes of human females while chained to Mercile's perverted machines.... Lauren has just been detained by three big, buff, well-armed men. One of them really catches her eye. He is tall, sexy-- and her new roommate, apparently. She has never met a man this truly spectacular and she decides to taste every inch of his amazing body. The sex is incredible and he gives her everything she needs but something is holding him back....… (more)

Taken because they believed she was the girlfriend of one of their tormentors, Wrath ends up protecting her, then she ends up protecting him. Then she ends up being kidnapped. Never a dull moment with New Species
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Lauren works at a realty office for 3 months. Is sent out to show a warehouse to a rich client for another realtor at her work. However, the client is not looking for realty. She runs into 3 large men, new species and everything changes. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
4.5 stars

This series is totally one of those either you love it or you don't. It isn't anything life changing or aww inspiring. It just has that mmmm yeah factor for me. The men are genetically enhanced to be half man half animal. They're so primal. New Species allows the reader to get off on base level desires. The men are driven by smells, nature, etc. And they're all huge and sexual.

Wrath was used for experiments and tortured before he was rescued. He has a lot to overcome, but he does it really well. And he really flips my switch *wiggles eyebrows* ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
4.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I really enjoyed Wrath and Lauren's story. Wrath's internal struggle within himself because of the horrific things done to him while being locked in a cage was horrific as most of the other New Species males I have read about so far. But something pulled on my heart strings with Wrath, because as much as he loved and wanted Lauren as his mate, he constantly feared he was broken, that he would somehow hurt her because of the things done to him, most often feeling undeserving of a mate. I give Lauren a lot of credit for trying to stick to her guns, for being gentle but firm in letting Wrath know that she trusted him and that she wasn't as fragile as he thought she was.

Some readers have complained about the near rape scene between **SPOILER** Vengeance and Lauren-- some think the author went to far or that it is a continuing habit of the author to throw in these near rape scenes. While they can be disturbing and sometimes are used as a crutch in writing these kinds of series, let's face it-- we live in a brutal world where it DOES happen, it COULD happen. I felt bad for Lauren and understood her absolute fear of Vengeance but at the same time, I felt bad for Vengeance because deep down, he wasn't some evil creature. He lost his mate to the hands of humans and when a New Species looses their mate, it makes them go a bit insane, feral. I'm not saying that is an excuse-- there is no excuse for rape-- but I get why the author put it in the book.

Anyway, I loved Wrath and look forward to reading about Shadow who is like his best friend / brother. They were in the same lab together an suffered the same horrors. So it will be good to see Shadow get his HEA! ( )
  themusescircle | Mar 3, 2016 |
To the love of my life, Mr. Laurann. Here’s to a new chapter in our lives and to a love that grows deeper every year we spend together. You are truly awesome!
919 tensed, watching the other males in the room with a mixture of awe and trepidation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,916,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible