Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James…

Merry Christmas, Alex Cross (edition 2012)

by James Patterson

Title:Merry Christmas, Alex Cross
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages

Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James Patterson

English (15)  German (1)  All languages (16)
This literally had two different stories in the book. Of course it all happened on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The first story was about a hostage situation where Alex talks them down and its all good at the end, just like all the other books.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/112333.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Sep 16, 2016 |
Reads like two short-stories in one book but is a typical read. Nothing really surprising, no page-turner, sorry to say, although it is an enjoyable read to pass the time away. ( )
  atdCross | Mar 16, 2016 |
This latest entry in the Alex Cross series was just bad. The entire first third of the book didn't in any way relate to the rest of it. The final two-thirds of it were almost a retread of a previous entry. Also, the characters didn't act like they've been doing for the other 18 book in this series. If I haven't already invested so much time into this series, this one would have ended it all for me. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I complain a lot about James Patterson, mostly because of the number of his books that sit in the basements and backrooms of the library. I assumed the books were mostly poorly written and formulaic, with lots of action and little character development or substance, but I figured I should read one just to make sure. I was right.

This book begins on Christmas eve, when Alex Cross is called to the scene of a hostage crisis. He successfully saves all the hostages. (Sorry, no spoiler alert because this isn't really a spoiler is it? Of course he saves all the hostages.) Just when Alex Cross thinks he can go spend Christmas with his family, he is again called in to help with stopping a terrorist attack. The terrorists were, unsurprisingly, incredibly stereotyped and flat characters, as was every other character in the book.

On the plus side, this book fulfills two categories of the reading challenge: a book that takes place during Christmas that is at the bottom of my to read list. ( )
  klburnside | Aug 11, 2015 |
This is a pretty typical James Patterson Alex Cross book - with Christmas and a major snowstorm thrown in! A great read for this time of the year! ( )
  peggy.s | Mar 6, 2015 |
The rear door to St. Anthony's Church had been left open.

It's Christmas Eve and Detective Alex Cross has been called out to catch someone who's robbing his church's poor box. That mission behind him, Alex returns home to celebrate with Bree, Nana, and his children. The tree decorating is barely underway before his phone rings again--a horrific hostage situation is quickly spiraling out of control. Away from his own family on the most precious of days, Alex calls upon every ounce of his training, creativity, and daring to save another family. Alex risks everything--and he may not make it back alive on this most sacred of family days. Alex Cross is a hero for our time, and never more so than in this story of family, action, and the deepest moral choices. MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALEX CROSS will be a holiday classic for years to come.

It's Christmas Eve and Detective Alex Cross is called away from his family to resolve a horrific hostage situation that is spiraling out of control.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,723,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible