Looking at Lincoln by Maira Kalman

Looking at Lincoln (edition 2012)

by Maira Kalman, Maira Kalman (Illustrator)

Member:akrause
Title:Looking at Lincoln
Authors:Maira Kalman
Other authors:Maira Kalman (Illustrator)
Info:Nancy Paulsen Books (2012), Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:biography, Abraham Lincoln, history, k-3

Looking at Lincoln by Maira Kalman

This book gives a brief description of Abraham Lincoln’s life from when he was born until his death. It does not go into a lot of detail but does cover the important events that occurred during his life as a young boy through to his presidency. The illustrations are done in full color and full page. The illustrations look like they are painted with a brush and oil paints and also the use of pencils to make sharp outlines. ( )
  ecollado | Nov 24, 2014 |
This is a story about Abraham Lincoln's life. Lincoln was 7ft. tall with his hat on. He was known as " Honest Abe." On March 4, 1861 he inaugurated for president of the United States. Lincoln took the first step toward freeing slaves. This which led to his death at age 56. He was shot and killed over slavery. Very good book of facts about Lincoln. ( )
  kfisher524 | Nov 23, 2014 |
This a wonderful book geared too the older youth because of the ideas and topics discussion. I love learning so much about Lincoln in a quick and easy way!
  alexanderkai | Nov 18, 2014 |
"Looking at Lincoln" by Maira Kalman is a book about Lincoln told from a young girl who is going to the library to learn more about Lincoln.He was a great man who ultimately lost his trying to free the slaves. The book tells that he was a lawyer before he was elected president. He also had a wife and kids. I loved how kid friendly this book was. The colors of the pages etc. History was never my favorite subject but Lincoln was always my favorite topic of the class. This book would be very important to read to the students because it will let them know of our history and of one of the best presidents in our history (in my opinion, the best president.)

Classroom extension ideas: On Presidents Day read this story and have the kids say what they liked most about Lincoln. Also, we could make Lincoln hats before reading the story so that we could wear them as we are learning about him.
  bm091113 | Jul 13, 2014 |
I liked it better the second time around. Gorgeous coloring and grade school students find the story very gripping. ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |

Wanting to know about the real man behind the sixteenth president's legendary character, a little girl learns about Lincoln's beliefs regarding universal freedom as well as lesser-known aspects of his life, from his love of Mozart and his wife's vanilla cake to his pet dog and the way he kept notes in his stovepipe hat.… (more)

9 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,748 books! | Top bar: Always visible