The Birds (Penguin Readers: Level 2) by…

The Birds (Penguin Readers: Level 2)

by Daphne du Maurier

507330,443 (3)1

I have seen the movie of this book.
I did not think be to scary if the bird attacked man.
The scene that had been attacked in front of the door was impressive though it had tried to run away from the bird.
  daiho.k | Jul 21, 2010 |
It is a very cold winter. The birds are hungry and dangerous. There are thousands and thousands of birds and they to kill and to eat. Then they attack.

The story is about the birds. It is a very cold winter. The birds are hungry and dangerous. they want to kill and to eat. Then they attack. I don't like the story because boring

The story is about the birds are thousands they want to kill and to eat ... i like this story because is interesting.

I like the book because it's a horror and i like the horror. In the same time i dont like because it's painfull about the life and other people are so dangerous. ( )
  getreadingadw | Nov 12, 2009 |
A famous film, directed by the great Alfred Hitchcock, was based on this short story. It's a very simple idea - for some reason, birds begin to attack humans. Very little is explained, which is something I liked about it - I was still thinking about the book long after I finished reading it.
It is scary, and in places quite gory, so if you don't like horror stories avoid this book. ( )
  DarrenElliott | Sep 2, 2009 |
I'm familier with this story which was a film. The film was
made by Alfred Hitchcock , I know. This was thrilling...
  Taizo | Jan 26, 2009 |
This book made me afraid.
Birds attuck to people because they are hungry.
They are very stroug!
And they fighted till dead.
A family were attacked are afraid and cold not sleep long night.
I don't like bird, but got more after read this story! ( )
  aya.t | Dec 2, 2008 |
This is the Penguin Readers adaptation of du Maurier's short story "The Birds", not the original work.

It is a very cold winter and there are many more birds around than usual. Nat is afraid, for the birds keep coming in their thousands and they are hungry. They want to kill. "Penguin Readers" is a series of simplified novels, film novelizations and original titles that introduce students at all levels to the pleasures of reading in English. Originally designed for teaching English as a foreign language, the series' combination of high interest level and low reading age makes it suitable for both English-speaking teenagers with limited reading skills and students of English as a second language. Many titles in the series also provide access to the pre-20th century literature strands of the National Curriculum English Orders. "Penguin Readers" are graded at seven levels of difficulty, from "Easystarts" with a 200-word vocabulary, to Level 6 (Advanced) with a 3000-word vocabulary. In addition, titles fall into one of three sub-categories: "Contemporary", "Classics" or "Originals". At the end of each book there is a section of enjoyable exercises focusing on vocabulary building, comprehension, discussion and writing. Some titles in the series are available with an accompanying audio cassette, or in a book and cassette pack. Additionally, selected titles have free accompanying "Penguin Readers Factsheets" which provide stimulating exercise material for students, as well as suggestions for teachers on how to exploit the Readers in class.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:30 -0400)

My Friend with Autism is the exceptional result of a parent's determination to help her special needs son fit in with his peers, and to foster tolerance and understanding among her son's friends and schoolmates. Author Beverly Bishop teaches high school computer classes and is the technology coordinator for a private K-12 school. The accompanying cd contains printable coloring pages that reinforce the lessons of the book. The pages present an opportuinty for learning and interaction with parnets. The cd contains additional printable information for adults. All of the information appears in the book.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,803,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible