My Father the Dog by Elizabeth Bluemle

My Father the Dog

by Elizabeth Bluemle

I loved this book. It is a sweet story of a daughter comparing her father to a dog. She thinks that he might be a dog and lists all the evidence. The last page was really cute when she is talking about how her dad is loyal and thinks that he has the best family in the world which is good because mom says we can keep him. ( )
  hspanier | Oct 18, 2015 |
A little girl compares her father to the family's pet dog. This is a cute and funny story, with an ultimately sweet message about the love and loyalty of a father. ( )
  hvachetta | Sep 13, 2011 |
Hilarious, if I do say so myself. : ) Of course, I wrote it, so.... ( )
  whangdoodle | Oct 28, 2006 |
I'm not sure this is the world's most respectful take on fathers, but it's funny and apt. ( )
  adge73 | Sep 25, 2006 |

Dad lovers and dog lovers will both delight in this buoyantly illustrated, tongue-in-cheek tribute to the traits these two species share - and why we adore them.

Dad pretends to be human, but the kids know otherwise. Between first-thing-in-the morning scratching, fetching the paper, snacking, lying around for hours, and even the occasional pit stop behind a tree, the evidence is clear. But so are their father's steadfast love and loyalty. Aren't those the best things about dads and dogs alike? Elizabeth Bluemle's amusing, affectionate text and Randy Cecil's delightful illustrations create the ultimate tribute to proud papas everywhere - an irresistible story readers will beg for again and again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:51 -0400)

A young girl suspects that her father is really a dog because he performs such acts as fetching the newspaper and chasing balls.

Elizabeth Bluemle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763622222, 0763630772

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,753,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible