Dog River Blues by Mike Jastrzebski

Dog River Blues (2011)

by Mike Jastrzebski

This yarn is the second in the Wes Darling series. Wes is a former PI who lives on a boat and gets involved with messes and damsels in distress.

In this tale, he heads to Alabama to reconnect with family and has varied adventures in boats and the swampy world of the Gulf Coast.

The writing is clear. The action never stops and I am ready for the next book in this series whenever it gets published. Top notch book. It entertains ( )
  DaveWilde | Sep 22, 2017 |
A mystery kinda, an adventure, some souspense. This ex-P I.is at requent times TSTL (too stupid to live) and endangers those around him with his constant need to sleep.

But saying that I liked the book, it kept me interested and turning pages. ( )
1 vote Bettesbooks | Mar 28, 2017 |
This was a pretty quick read and overall was pretty interesting. The storyline was decent. Wes Darling tries to find out about his family history and helps his newly discovered family with a problem. The characters were fun and interesting. The only thing that kept it from getting a higher rating from me was the ending was choppy. At first I thought the ending was too brief and it would never be resolved". Then I felt like it dragged out and would never end. It finally did wrap up and I could live with it. I'll probably continue the series." ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
More of a suspense/thriller than a mystery. ( )
  leslie.98 | Jan 11, 2014 |
If you like your PI a bit clueless, this is your guy. Not to worry--he fortunately never comes up against anyone very clever. It was difficult to care much about his romantic involvement with either woman, or about the quest. The thief and his henchman were dumb as bricks. Darling spends a lot of time feeling tired and "blue." Small wonder; I felt the same. A book like this is frustrating because the author is obviously talented. There's simply nothing to really sink your teeth into, nothing to haunt you, nothing to make you think. He could have done so much more with this... ( )
  Carrie.Kilgore | Nov 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,396,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible