Private Games by James Patterson

Private Games (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Mark Sullivan

Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Read and owned
Tags:Private

Private Games by James Patterson

I thought this was really good. Like all of his books it kept me hanging on until the very end. I thought I had the killer all worked out but was completely surprised at the end. ( )
  Swade0710 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I'm sure I would have liked this book better had I read it BEFORE the London Olympics. It's not as engaging afterward when you know everything that happened in the London Olympics played out differently.

As in Private Berlin, another flaw in the book are easily compromised agents. Another Private agent is faced with the decision to save his children from a pathological killer nanny that is a diversion to a climatic attack during the Olympics seminal event. It works out in the end, but for an allegedly elite firm as Private, the lead agent sure was having his strings played the entire book. ( )
  JeffV | Dec 28, 2013 |
Really enjoyed this book from the Private series - found it engaging and held my interest throughout. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the books in this series. ( )
  claireh18 | Jul 10, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this, although I found the back story of the plane crashed that killed the Private London team to be a little too rushed. I liked the twists -- as well as the tie in to history with the Furies. A good, quick read ( )
  skinglist | Feb 17, 2013 |
A quick read. The ending is just not plausible. However, I did think the imaginary opening ceremony for the Olympics was WAY better than the actual opening ceremonies! ( )
  KimSmyth | Aug 30, 2012 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mark Sullivanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Private Games and Private London are two different books.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316206822, Hardcover)

On your mark

Private, the world's most renowned investigation firm, has been commissioned to provide security for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Its agents are the smartest, fastest, and most technologically advanced in the world, and 400 of them have been transferred to London to protect more than 10,000 competitors who represent more than 200 countries.

Get set

The opening ceremony is hours away when Private investigator and single father of twins, Peter Knight, is called to the scene of a ruthless murder. A high-ranking member of the games' organizing committee has been killed. It's clear to Peter that this wasn't a crime of passion, but one of precise calculation and execution.

Die

Newspaper reporter Karen Pope receives a letter from a person who calls himself Cronus claiming responsibility for the murders. He promises to restore the Olympics to their ancient glory and to destroy all those who have corrupted the games with lies, corruption, and greed. Immediately, Karen hires Private to examine the letter, and she and Peter uncover a criminal genius who won't stop until he's completely destroyed the modern games. "America's #1 storyteller" (Forbes) delivers an exhilarating, action-packed thriller that brings the splendor and emotion of the Olympics to a wildly powerful climax.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:16 -0400)

"Private, the world's most renowned investigation firm, has been commissioned to provide security for the 2012 Olympic games in London. Its agents are the smartest, fastest, and most technologically advanced in the world, and 400 of them have been transferred to London to protect over 10,000 competitors who represent more than 200 countries. The opening ceremony is still hours away when Private investigator and single father of twins, Nigel Steele, is called to the scene of a ruthless murder. A high-ranking member of the games' organizing committee and his mistress have been killed. It's clear that it wasn't a crime of passion, but one of precise calculation and execution. Newspaper reporter Karen Pope receives a letter from a person who calls himself Cronus claiming responsibility for the murders. He also proclaims that he will restore the Olympics to their ancient glory and will destroy all who have corrupted the games with lies, cheating, and greed. Karen immediately hires Private to examine the letter, and she and Nigel uncover a criminal genius who won't stop until he's ended the games for good. "America's #1 storyteller" (Forbes) delivers an exhilarating, action-packed thriller that brings the splendor and emotion of the Olympics to a wildly powerful climax"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,284,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible