Private London by James Patterson

Private London (original 2011; edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Mark Pearson

Member:MaxwellT
Title:Private London
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Mark Pearson
Info:Little Brown & Co (T) (2012), Hardcover, 373 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Private London by James Patterson (2011)

6 out of 10
The second book in the private series that I have read. I'm currently on a James Patterson marathon. This book is OK. I quite liked it. It was fast paced and mostly easy to follow. As mentioned in previous reviews of this book, there is so much going on though. It all takes place in just over 48 hours but so much occurs in that time. However the tell tale Patterson short chapters soon have me hooked and I finished it in a short time. I will be reading the next few in series as I already have them. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Feb 3, 2016 |
Decent book, not great though. Get it from the library instead of purchasing. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Nice who done it plot with many twists. Interesting lead character with other characters well developed. ( )
  ZachMontana | Jan 14, 2016 |
Really wasn't that impressed with this book in the series. It took me a while to work my way thru it because it really did not hold my interest. ( )
  mjcjones | Dec 8, 2014 |
Two stories rolled into one. Hard to follow all the characters. The story starts out with a young girl, Hannah Shapiro, who is kidnapped along with her mother. Hannah witnesses her mother being raped then brutally murdered because Hannah's father won't pay the ransom. Several years later, Dan Carter is hired to "watch over" Hannah while she attends school in London. There are many twists and turns in this story which makes it hard to follow. ( )
  Sandraelaine | Nov 10, 2013 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pearson, Markmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Private goes on the hunt for London's most feared killer since Jack the Ripper.

For Hannah Shapiro, a young American student, the nightmare began eight years ago in Los Angeles, when the owner of Private--the world's most exclusive detective agency--saved her from a horrific death. Now, after eight years, the terror follows her to London. The only man who can help is former Royal Military Police Sergeant Dan Carter, head of Private London.

In London, young women are being abducted and their bodies found mutilated in a grotesque, mysterious way. Carter's ex-wife, DI Kirsty Webb, leads the investigation into these brutal murders, which may somehow be linked to Hannah Shapiro.

Working together, the two investigators are caught in a desperate race against the odds. Private may be the most advanced detection agency in the world...but can they catch a predator who rivals London's most elusive killer ever?

Dan Carter, head of the London division of Private, the world's most exclusive detective agency, must join forces with his ex-wife if he is going to save American student Hannah Shapiro from a threat that has stalked her for eight years.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,128,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible