Fanny's Dream by Caralyn Buehner

Fanny's Dream

by Caralyn Buehner

Other authors: Mark Buehner (Illustrator)

This is a good book for young girls to realize that they are perfect the way they are and someone will love them just for that! Girls do not have to conform to the way society is putting them in a box. This clearly is fantasy because it includes a fairy godmother (magic), as well as it is believable. It's very realistic that a farmer girl would fall in love with a farmer boy. Also, little girls can relate to it because they want many of the same things the lady in this story wants. However, realistically that is not what happens.
Genre: Fantasy
Media: Oil Paints over Acrylics ( )
  Bcruz14 | Feb 7, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the book "Fanny's Dream" by Buehner, Caralyn. The illustrations of Fanny working on the farm in earth color tones reinforced the idea of Fanny being a "Salt of the Earth" type. This also helps to support Fanny's final decision to stay with her husband instead of living in the castle. I thought the end was clever and different, and enjoyed the fact that she made the decision to stay where she was felt she belonged. I like the fact that both her husband and Fanny are not your typical fairytale characters which also foreshadowed that the ending may be different than expected. I though the main idea of this was appreciating what you have and that real life can often be better than fairytale if we allow it to be. ( )
  awhite43 | May 13, 2014 |
The book Fanny's dream by Caralyn Buehner is a wonderful modern fantasy that shows that dreams do come true, although not always as expected. The illustrations are very detailed and are perfectly paired with the entertaining story line. ( )
  arodri13 | May 7, 2014 |
I enjoyed reading this modern story of Cinderella. I liked that Fanny rebelled against the opinions of other throughout the story. She does not listen to her friends or her brother because she “knew her dreams would come true.” She is portrayed a very strong female protagonist throughout the story. Also, I liked the story’s ending. I liked that the story had a realistic ending and that Fanny ended up with the farmer. I think it is much more true to life that the story had a realistic ending. The moral of this story is to appreciate what you have because the grass is not always greener on the other side. ( )
  kjacob9 | May 5, 2014 |
“Fanny’s Dream” is a great book with the message of sometimes you get the things you wished for in different way then you wished. I enjoyed the way this book was written. Each page caused for more and more suspense as to what was going to happen to Fanny next. I also enjoyed how she didn’t get what she wanted exactly and when she had the chance to have it she decided that what she had was better then what she could have thought of. I also enjoyed the illustrations because they depicted aspects of her life in funny ways. For instance when she was taking care of the children the illustration showed both kids in her arms and she looked exhausted. This showed the realism of her life yet it showed how much she loved it. ( )
  KiTiraShorter | Apr 16, 2014 |

Caralyn Buehnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buehner, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In memory of Winnie and Leland Harris, who lived the law of the harvest
Once upon a time in a wild Wyoming town there lived a sturdy girl named Fanny Agnes.

Fanny is a hard working farm girl, who dreams of marrying a handsome prince. But when Heber proposes, Fanny decides to give up her dream. She and Heber are happy, raising children and laughing by the firelight. Then one night, Fanny's fairy godmother shows up. Fanny's Dream is about shedding girlhood fantasies and working to fill real life with love and laughter. Full color.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:32 -0400)

Fanny Agnes is a sturdy farm girl who dreams of marrying a prince, but when her fairy godmother doesn't show up, she decides on a local farmer instead.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible