Fanny's Dream (Picture Puffins) by Caralyn…

Fanny's Dream (Picture Puffins) (edition 2003)

by Caralyn Buehner (Author), Caralyn Buehner (Illustrator), Mark Buehner (Illustrator)

Fanny Agnes is a sturdy farm girl who dreams of marrying a prince, but when her fairy godmother doesn't show up, she decides on a local farmer instead.
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:Fanny's Dream (Picture Puffins)
Authors:Caralyn Buehner (Author)
Other authors:Caralyn Buehner (Illustrator), Mark Buehner (Illustrator)
Info:Puffin Books (2003), 32 pages
Collections:Movies
Tags:R19

Fanny's Dream by Caralyn Buehner

This book could be used in comparison to other fairy tale books because it is so different from the original. ( )
  darbyhunter1 | Oct 14, 2018 |
This fantasy book talks about a farm girl who wanted to marry a prince ends up marrying a farm boy. Even though a godmother agrees to let her marry a prince, the girl decides to stay with her farm husband. I don't like this book, but maybe it is true that sometimes we should give up unrealistic dreams. However, I will not use it in my future class. ( )
  lolatong | Jan 28, 2018 |
This is a good book for young girls to realize that they are perfect the way they are and someone will love them just for that! Girls do not have to conform to the way society is putting them in a box. This clearly is fantasy because it includes a fairy godmother (magic), as well as it is believable. It's very realistic that a farmer girl would fall in love with a farmer boy. Also, little girls can relate to it because they want many of the same things the lady in this story wants. However, realistically that is not what happens.
Genre: Fantasy
Media: Oil Paints over Acrylics ( )
  Bcruz14 | Feb 7, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the book "Fanny's Dream" by Buehner, Caralyn. The illustrations of Fanny working on the farm in earth color tones reinforced the idea of Fanny being a "Salt of the Earth" type. This also helps to support Fanny's final decision to stay with her husband instead of living in the castle. I thought the end was clever and different, and enjoyed the fact that she made the decision to stay where she was felt she belonged. I like the fact that both her husband and Fanny are not your typical fairytale characters which also foreshadowed that the ending may be different than expected. I though the main idea of this was appreciating what you have and that real life can often be better than fairytale if we allow it to be. ( )
  awhite43 | May 13, 2014 |
The book Fanny's dream by Caralyn Buehner is a wonderful modern fantasy that shows that dreams do come true, although not always as expected. The illustrations are very detailed and are perfectly paired with the entertaining story line. ( )
  arodri13 | May 7, 2014 |

Caralyn Buehnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buehner, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In memory of Winnie and Leland Harris, who lived the law of the harvest
Once upon a time in a wild Wyoming town there lived a sturdy girl named Fanny Agnes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,549,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible