Hail Hibbler by Ron Goulart

Hail Hibbler

by Ron Goulart

432267,810 (2)None
(2) * (1) .parlor (1) 1987 (1) 2012 (1) @auto (1) @bsmtsf2 (1) Academy Books (1) American (1) DAW (4) DAW yellow spine (1) fiction (1) Goulart (2) Hitler (1) humor (1) mm (1) novel (1) NYC (1) odd jobs (1) pastiche (1) pb (1) science fiction (11) sf (5) SF Novel (1) sfbooks (1) shelved:balcony (1) Third Reich (1) trashy sci fi (1) trying-to-trade (1) unread (1)

his was one of oddest books I read this year (or the last to be precise). This book passes in a world a lot different from ours... I found it hard to get into the story and characters. I must say I only finished the book because the book was short or else I would have give up. The only thing worth mention is the funny relation between the detective and his wife (the other detective) and the funny situations they get themselves into... even if they didn't make sence on my head. Maybe that's why this book is part of a series called Odd Jobs Inc. I won't try any more books on this series but I am willing to try reading the famous Vampirella novels he wrote. ( )
  chevalierdulys | Apr 21, 2014 |
ZZB4
  mcolpitts | Jul 26, 2009 |

Jake and his wife grapple with a harebrained Nazi doctor Jake Pace is battling a bistro's worth of robotic mafia goons when the government comes to ask him a favor. The Department of Big Business has a particularly sensitive murder on its hands, and Jake, proprietor of Odd Jobs, Inc., is a sensitive detective. A week ago, Statz Kazee announced to a television audience of 140 million that his next scoop would blow the lid off the international business community. Hours later, he was found shot to death, and every federal policemen sent to investigate the murder has wound up dead. Now it's Jake's problem. After battling malfunctioning skycars, sinking houses, and mysterious cowboys, Jake and his wife learn that Statz had information about the fearsome Adolph Hibbler, the nastiest sinner to ever come out of the Nazi scientific community. Seventy years after the end of the war, Hibbler is back, and he'll burn America to the ground if Jake can't handcuff him first.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible