If the Shoe Fits: Voices From Cinderella by…

If the Shoe Fits: Voices From Cinderella (2002)

by Laura Whipple

This clever version of Cinderella tells the story from the point of view of different characters. Each character has their own page with a poem. I enjoyed how we hear the voice important "characters" we don't expect to have an opinion on what is going on in the story like the garden and the rat The. My favorites were the Cat and the Glass Slippers separated Step- togrther - Step after the Ball.
The Cat has the personality that most cats have: "Cat is master. Cat is cat" King of the world he doesn't even know the name of his owner Cinderella or any of the humans of the house where he lives. He does not care so he calls everyone Good-Young her, Bad-hers. He is the spy for the Fairy godmother (Magic-Her). Hillarious. ( )
  MonikaNicole | Mar 17, 2018 |
I totally loved this version of Cinderella! The illustrations are awesome and I like that the text is written in poetry form because I think that totally fits to a fairytale. The changing point of views from which the story is told make it a very interesting story. ( )
  rgraf1 | Apr 27, 2013 |
Content with memories, I am old and quiet now.

If the Shoe Fits: Voices from Cinderella takes a fresh look at an old and favorite story. In thirty-three poems it brings to life not only the voices of well-loved characters, but also voices of characters not usually heard from -- including the glass slipper, without which the story would not have a happy ending. On the stage set by the story we hear each player tell the tale from their point of view, answering the questions that swirl around Cinderella:

Is the ghost of Cinderella's father at peace in the afterlife? What has made Cinderella's stepmother so cruel? Can a rat be as happy as a human? How do the prince's mother and father feel about Cinderella for their son? Does the Magic One's Magic last forever? Do the glass slippers realize how important a role they play in the life of one girl? Is there a quiet someone, with a gentle purr, who is a secret accomplice? And, finally, what does Cinderella herself have to say to us about her own story?

Through the rhythms of Laura Whipple's poetry and the sweeping colors of Laura Beingessner's artwork, Cinderella's story is spun anew for audiences of all ages to celebrate.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:43 -0400)

In 33 poems, readers hear from the evil stepmother, the prince, the fairy godmother, the ghost of Cinderella's father-even the rat who becomes the coachman. Cinderella herself begins and ends the book.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,380,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible