Chopsticks by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Chopsticks (edition 2012)

by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Scott Magoon (Illustrator)

Member:kredlove
Title:Chopsticks
Authors:Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Other authors:Scott Magoon (Illustrator)
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:Children's Picture Book

Chopsticks by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Excellent for read aloud to illustrate word play, idioms, etc. So cute! ( )
  saillergirl | Jan 18, 2016 |
This is a delightful story filled with clever puns. It tells the story of two chopsticks that do everything together, but one day a misfortunate accident separates the two. They now must navigate through the world alone, and through courage they learn that being independent actually strengthens their friendship. I really enjoyed the lesson taught in this story. ( )
  ashleypierce | Nov 29, 2015 |
We used this book with our Global Read-Aloud. I had so much fun responding with my assigned students. I really enjoyed Amy Krouse Rosenthal's style and her use of personification and puns. This would be a great book for an interactive read-aloud. I could just imagine all the funny and cute responses that you would get from kids. The chopsticks were best friends and didn't leave each other's sides. One chopstick went out on his own and saw that he could do things by himself but he told his friend about his adventures. ( )
  hspanier | Nov 29, 2015 |
The chopsticks are inseparable. They have always been best friends and done everything together, until one of them breaks. He sends his fellow chopstick out into the world to see what is out there. B/c of the trip the pair find all kinds of new ways to have fun.

A great book, with some punny kitchen humor. Made me laugh a lot. The illustrations are also very humorous and bright. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Amy Krouse Rosenthalprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Magoon, ScottIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

When a pair of chopsticks get separated, after some traumatic moments the two friends eventually learn to stand on their own.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,411,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible