Book of Secrets by Thomas Eaton

Book of Secrets

by Thomas Eaton

The book contains a good deal of blatantly inaccurate information. No sources are cited, and much of it is simply opinion. Furthermore, many of these "secrets" just aren't very secret. There's nothing in here that a random internet surf wouldn't get you faster. Do yourself a favor and pass on this. ( )
  thouxartxgod | Sep 2, 2010 |
Four stars for sheer portability...I got this book on an impulse. It was reasonably priced when I was ordering other stuff from 'Think Geek', so I decided to treat myself (heck, you can never have too many books right!)Its a tiny book, not much more than a couple of inches along each side, which means you can literally carry it in your back pocket and not even worry about it getting bent out of shape.The premise of the book is to share some of the secrets about the world around you. However, if I was going to have a criticism then it would be that some of these secrets are anything but.For instance, the big secret that there is a massive particle accelerator below the French/Swiss border called the Large Hadron Collider. IT was never a secret, but for the last 6 months its been one of the biggest stories in the world (second only to Obama's victory to me).But the pace is good, with each vignette only taking a few minutes to read. So, if you like portable reading then this book will hit the spot. ( )
1 vote fieldri1 | May 8, 2009 |
A collection of random secrets. Excellent bathroom reading :) ( )
  EvilJohn | Oct 21, 2006 |

Did you know there's a secret daily flight from the United States to Cuba? Or, that in 1966, the U.S. government smashed a bacteria-laden light bulb inside the New York subway system? Thomas Eaton's Book of Secrets reveals hundreds of clandestine, covert, surreptitious, furtive, hush-hush, and taboo pop-cultural and historical curiosities, from government cover-ups to marketing tricks to Colonel Sander's secret recipe. Practical secrets are also revealed, such as how to obtain a flight upgrade, speak in public, or win friends and influence people. Production features include a Kivar cover with rounded corners and foil stamping.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:42 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,483,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible