Angel Betrayed (Fallen) by Cynthia Eden

Angel Betrayed (Fallen) (edition 2012)

by Cynthia Eden

Member:dpchapman
Title:Angel Betrayed (Fallen)
Authors:Cynthia Eden
Info:Kensington (2012), Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

Angel Betrayed by Cynthia Eden

Sammael is a Fallen Angel. Once an Angel of Death in the Heavens his touch can still kill on Earth. And Sam likes to use his Touch of Death on those who deserve it.

Seline O’Shaw is a half-breed with a problem. She’s not exactly sure what Sam is, but she is sure he can help her escape the life she’s living. All she has to do is convince him, in a round-about sneaky way, to help her. Neither one of them expected the intense sexual attraction between them. Now, not only do they have to fight an evil Punishment Angel and his hellhound, but the sexual heat they generate. Someone’s going to get burned and in more ways than one. It’s just a matter of how hot it will get.

I love Cynthia Eden’s books. When I pick one up I am 99.9% guaranteed that I will thoroughly enjoy it. She doesn’t disappoint in 'Angel Betrayed.' Great twisty-turny plot, fast-moving, excellent writing, well-developed characters, humorous, hot steamy sex and interesting secondary characters. An outstanding second book to the series. I’m looking forward to book 3, 'Angel in Chains.'

*Many thanks to Kensington for providing me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jan 11, 2013 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Non-stop action and page turning tension clearly make Angel Betrayed an exciting read.

Opening Sentence: Death could be kind or he could be cruel.

The Review:

Seline has been put in a precarious situation. She has to capture, contain and hopefully kill a man named Sam for her boss, Rogziel. Rogziel has always had input over Seline all of her life. He has raised her to believe that she is an evil abomination for her succubus side. Seline knows that she cannot get away from Rogziel, as a punishment angel he always knows where she is. Seline is not aware of Sammael’s Fallen angel status until the night she goes in for the kill. Sam is a lot stronger than she first thought, she then realizes that only she has the actual power to kill Sam but Sam could also save her from Rogziel.

Sam and Seline’s attraction for one another is apparent from the very beginning but they both have ulterior motives. Sam wants Seline because she knows where his brother Azrael is being held prisoner. Sam is haunted with settling a score and wants nothing more than to kill his brother. But when Az escapes, Sam and Seline team up for Seline’s safety. Then when it looks like Az is killing other Fallen angels, they know that they have to stop him no matter what, while trying to avoid Rogziel and his hounds from hell.

Seline isn’t very likeable at first when she is trying to ensnare Sam into her trap, but when her inner motivations come out, I was instantly rooting for her. Her tragic past and the bleak outlook for her future, she knows Rogziel plans to kill her and a witch has foreseen her future covered in blood, will have you hoping that she will survive what is put in front of her. Sam has always had eyes for Seline since he first saw her but he knows she is up to something. So when she finally reveals her hand he has no problems scaring her with who he is or even setting her up as bait. Sam’s motivations towards Seline weren’t always practical but I still wanted them to be together.

Trust and betrayal are the major themes in this novel. Sam and Seline absolutely do not trust each other. They want to but they can’t, not when Seline can drain Sam’s powers dry and Sam can just kill her from one touch. Just as they begin to step forward in their relationship, they feel they are betrayed by the other.

Angel Betrayed is a non-stop action ride from the beginning when Seline fakes an attack on her to the revelations that are discovered at the end. The story is told in the third person through the eyes of Sam, Seline, a few fallen angels and a very bad punishment angel. The world is still as stark and dark as the first book in the series but all the more intriguing.

Overall, this is my favorite book of the series so far. The world sucked me in to make Angel Betrayed a quick, enjoyable read. I did feel there was one thread left dangling in the world but I have a feeling Angel in Chains will deal with that. If you are a fan of tragic but strong characters I highly recommend this series.

Notable Scene:

Alex was getting away. Seline took off after him. Her legs pumped fast and she jumped into the air.

“Seline!” Sam’s snarl.

She tackled Alex. “You’re not getting away that fast.” They crashed onto the pavement.

“Fucking demon bitch. Traitor.” He rolled and came up fast. “You’re not getting away at all.” And the knife he’d gripped in his right hand came at her throat.

Before he could touch her, Sam touched him.

Alex’s whole body jerked as if he’d just been hit with an electrical charge. His eyes rolled back into his head, and a silent scream contorted his face.

He shuddered, then a moment later he fell to the ground, his body frozen. Dead.

Seline’s gaze rose to Sam’s. The pounding of her heart seemed far too loud. He’d told her what he could do, she’d known how powerful he was, but seeing him, well . . .

He’d just killed with a touch.

Very, very scary.

He offered his hand to her.

FTC Advisory: Kensington Brava provided me with a copy of Angel Betrayed. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Jul 9, 2012 |
MY THOUGHTS:

ANGEL BETRAYED by Cynthia Eden is an exciting paranormal romance. It is the second in “The Fallen” series but can be read as a stand alone. See,”Angel of Darkness”. Step into a wild ride as you follow Sammael,the Angel of Death,and Seline O’Shaw,daughter of an angel and an incubus. Sammael, was kicked out of Heaven for punishing a group of rapists and killers,and unrepentant Sammael ends up in New Orleans. Where he meets Seline,who has her own dark agenda and needs Sammael’s protection or so it seems. Ms. Eden has written a fast paced,action packed story full of sizzling sex,compelling characters,danger,a good vs evil scenerio,a lot of angel lust,and of course love. Ms. Eden brings her characters to life on every page. A must read for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance,angels in a unique way,hot sizzling sex and of course lots of love and action. Received for an honest review from the author and publisher. Details can be found at the author’s website,Brava,Kensington Books,and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING:Hot

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jul 6, 2012 |
I am a big fan of Cynthia Eden, she is a master storyteller and her books are always memorable. I have read and loved her Night Watchers books and her Midnight books and was thrilled to see her enter the world of angels. This first book in this series, Angel of Darkness, introduced us to this world and once again affirmed my love for Cynthia. We meet the hero for Angel Betrayed, well I am not sure I would call him that, but we do meet Sam in the first book. He was an enigma for me at first, because I was not sure if he could be trusted and I was eager to see what Cynthia had in store for him in Angel Betrayed.

Sam is not a warm touchy feely kind of guy. He has so much rage inside him, many fear being anywhere close to him. Can’t say I blame them because he does not have a soft spot for anyone. That is until he meets Seline. She approaches Sam on the premise of her needing his protection, but her true intentions take a little while to come out. She was a spitfire and I loved her for not just bending to Sam’s will. The result of the two of them butting heads was an intense chemistry and passion for one another. Although trust was something they were not willing to give out to one another right away. They had to learn to let someone else in and it was not an easy task to accomplish. I enjoyed their journey together throughout this book, they came to learn so much about one another and themselves which helped me really connect with them.

The action in this story was non-stop. It was one conflict after another being fired Sam and Seline’s way and I soaked in every minute. They barely had time to stop and breathe, which kept me flying through the pages to decipher who was really after whom. The Fallen may not be perfect, but the angels that still have their wings are not either. They think they are better than the others, but in Angel Betrayed we learn that everything is not what it seems in Heaven. I am sure this theme will continue through the rest of the series and I am very interested to see how it will play out.

The ending of this book had me on the edge of my seat! There were quite a few moments I did not see coming and thought there was no way Sam and Seline were going to make it out. Cynthia did an excellent job of building the suspense and had me guessing the outcome until the very end.

Overall, this book was amazing. It had everything I wanted and more! For any fans of paranormal romance, this is a series you cannot miss. I suggest starting with the first book, Angel of Darkness first and then reading this one. The end of the book sets up two different stories for two very different Fallen and I anxious to see who will get their story next. ( )
  ABookwormsHaven | Jun 28, 2012 |
Angel Betrayed is the second in The Fallen series by Cynthia Eden. The Fallen series is about angels that fall because they develop human feelings and end up breaking their laws. Sammael the Death Angel chose to take the souls of some men that hurt women and children. He then fell from heaven and has lived on the earth for centuries.

In Angel of Darkness (the first in the Fallen Series) we meet Selina O’Shaw and we get a glimpse of how Sam feels about her. In this book, Selina approaches Sam to return a favor. That is the start of their adventure and romance.

As a fan of Ms. Eden’s book I have to say that Angel Betrayed is one of her best! I love the depth that she gives her characters and the exciting plot made this a book I didn’t want to put down! I totally recommend that you read Angel of Darkness before you read Angel Betrayed. I think it will give you the background you need so you too can fall in love with this book. ( )
  dpchapman | Jun 28, 2012 |

When Angel of Death Sammael (Sam) killed a dozen men - men not marked for death - he was tossed from heaven. In the mortal world, he plots his revenge, invincible and lethal. And then he meets her. Seline O'Shaw has taken a job at Sunrise, Sam's club, in order to attract his attention. Seline is an assassin, but she doesn't use physical weapons to attack her prey. As the daughter of an angel and an incubus, she uses seduction as her weapon of choice. Seline can kill with a kiss - and she has. But Sam isn't an easy mark. And when it comes to seduction, he's ready and waiting to turn the tables - with mind-blowing results...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:25 -0400)

Sam was an angel once. An angel of Death. But the watch-from-above thing just wasn't working for him. It might have cost him his wings, but these days he gets to apply the direct method on the bad guys. Problem is, what's making his life difficult is a bad girl.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,363,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible