Miles of Smiles (Kids Pick the Funniest…

Miles of Smiles (Kids Pick the Funniest Poems)

by Bruce Lansky

215654,204 (4)None

This is a must have for the classroom library. It is made up of multiple authors’ funny poetry. Some boys in class can be resistant to poetry, but show them this book, and they will have a new view on what poetry is all about. ( )
  Taranto | Dec 2, 2014 |
I thought this book was very interesting. The main purpose of this book is to make the reader laugh. Most of the poems I read in this book were hilarious. I felt as though they were well thought out and purposeful. These poems used words in a clever or intelligent way in order to amusingly tell a story. However, there was a portion of stories that took me by surprise. I felt some of the content of these stories was inappropriate for elementary students. For example one of the poems mentioned kegs. This did not feel like the kind of subject material that should be read by students. However, I did really enjoy the illustrations presented for each page even though they were black and white. ( )
  bfried10 | Oct 14, 2014 |
Bruce Lansky, a poet himself, edited a collection of funny poems. This is the third collection in his series where he asked elementary-aged students to choose poems. This collection is divided into sections based on different topics like Me, Parents, Brothers and Sisters, School, Food, Gross Out, Tall Tales, Critters and Creatures, and All Mixed Up.
  DanaLD | Oct 10, 2012 |
I like this book because this book so many funny poems. ( )
  psong | Jan 10, 2011 |
This book is about the funniest poems picked out by kids. They were about all kinds of things kids find humorous Every poem had something to pertain to kids. Several poems had me laughing out loud.
I could picture this book as something the kids would read between AR books to keep up their reading. A just-for-fun book. This book would be great for kids who might be interested in writing short poems.
In the claasroom, I would have the students think of one thing they would look silly doing. As a class, we would make up a poem that would include everyone doing something silly. We could title it "Mrs. Sweat's Silly Students" or something like that. I hope to teach long enough to make a book of each year. I would also like the children to write one random sentence each day for a week. I would like to see what they could come up to rhyme with their sentences to come up with their own poem. ( )
  csweat | Mar 15, 2010 |

Kids pick the funniest poems!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:27 -0400)

Humorous poems divided into categories such as "Me," "Parents," "Gross Out," and "All Mixed Up" by poets including Shel Silverstein, Judith Viorst, and Jack Prelutsky.

Meadowbrook Press

An edition of this book was published by Meadowbrook Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible