Recipes for Disaster by Sheryl Browne

Recipes for Disaster (edition 2012)

by Sheryl Browne

Collections:Your library, Kindle, Members Giveaway, Read
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, recipes

Recipes for Disaster by Sheryl Browne

I have to admit, that I am one of the last people to pick up a romance. I've just read so many of them that it's not my first genre of choice these days. However, one week, when I was sick and feeling particularly low, I really needed a lift. The lift came in the form of Recipes For Disaster by Sheryl Brown, which I'll admit had been on my TBR list must longer than it should have. Why? Because of my romance evasion.

The story is told from multiple angles, Lisa, Adam, and Becky, Lisa's close friend. From the very beginning, Lisa is on the hot plate, being tasked with serving a phenomenal dinner for her new boyfriend's mother. "Her Maj", as Lisa mentally christens Adam's mother, spends the entire evening waxing poetic about Adam's late wife. Melissa, apparently was an outstanding cook and could make food that would melt in your mouth. Before Lisa knows it, she's catering a Golf event for "Her Maj" and Lisa can't cook at all! A real show-stealer came in the form of Lisa's dog, Rambo, who gets his owner into more trouble than she deserves.

An additional touch was the inclusion of recipes throughout the book, which truly added another dimension to the reading experience. Although I must admit that I would have loved it if they were easier recipes for the kitchen-challenged, like me.

Recipes For Disaster was a hilarious read from the first page. Sheryl Browne will regale readers with masterful comedic scenes that will have you laughing out loud. Whether you're a dog-lover, a food lover, or just hoping to be loved, Recipes For Disaster, is one book that is more than worth the read! ( )
  Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was the first romcom book I've read so it's hard for me to judge if it's good or bad for that genre. I received it through Library Thing's Early Reviewers. It's a light and silly read, with recipes included. The dialogue style for the various main characters was so similar that it would take me a while to figure out who was speaking as the author frequently changed who was narrating. I did enjoy the Jack Russell dog which provided a lot of humor. I'd say this book is worth reading only for the dog character and the cover model's legs which are very nice indeed! ( )
  SandyMarshall | Dec 21, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sheryl did a wonderful job of combining the romantic comedy storyline with a cookbook venue. While intriguing I wasn't sure she would be able to carry it off but she did. The characters are interesting, the romances moved right along (wow!) and the recipes sound very delicious--just wish I had someone here to cook them for me! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and highly recommend anyone who enjoys a romantic comedy with a twist.

**Disclaimer** This book was given to me in exchange for an unbiased review. The contents of the review were my own and not influenced in any way by other parties. ( )
1 vote MadStitcher | Dec 5, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Recipes for Disaster by Sheryl Browne was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,239,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible