What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World…

What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World (Global Fund for Children… (edition 2012)

by Maya Ajmera

Member:Tryante
Title:What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World (Global Fund for Children Books)
Authors:Maya Ajmera
Info:Charlesbridge Publishing (2012), Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Picture Book, multicultural, non fiction

What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World by Maya Ajmera

I love how this book is like taking a trip around the world through the pictures and outfits it shares. This book really opens one's eyes to all of the amazing aspects of culture that other nations have. This book does not offer much information, so it is just kind of a peek into the details of these cultures, but it it so interesting to look at the huge differences between a kimono and a soccer uniform. In the back of this book, there are resources to find out more about each of the cultures portrayed in this book. I feel like that is a very useful tool to have in this book and could be a great gateway to finding more books. The big picture of this book is to create a beginning to exposure to many different countries and cultures. It is showing a lot of larger ideas in this simple way. ( )
  ajfurman | Dec 2, 2014 |
What people wear around the world.
Bridging cultural gaps.

K-3 ( )
  hatease | Nov 29, 2014 |
What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World is an informational book about the different clothes children wear all around the world. Its aim is to teach children that although we may wear different clothes, we are all similar, and do similar things such as play sports and go to school. There are actual pictures of real children wearing traditional outfits or school wear. I would recommend this book to kids in 3rd-5th grade. ( )
  SimoneAlexis | Oct 3, 2014 |
Wonderful book. Brings together all countries around the world. Shows all cultures and what they wear and what they do, and how the relate to everyone. Great pictures that shows actual children around the world. k-4 ( )
  Nicole129672 | Sep 29, 2014 |
I like that the photos picture children not just in festival clothes but school clothes, sports clothes, and play clothes too. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |

Works well when teaching clothing, weather or geography.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158089416X, Hardcover)

Vibrant photographs from around the world showcase the many different types of clothing that kids wear to play, study, pretend and celebrate. From school uniforms to costumes, traditional ethnic clothing to sports team jerseys-no matter what kids wear, clothes are an important part of who they are.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:49 -0400)

Uses colorful photographs to show the clothing and dress of children from places around the globe, including Peru, Uganda, and Sweden.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,319,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible