What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World…

What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World (Global Fund for Children… (edition 2012)

by Maya Ajmera

51None232,040 (3.83)None
Member:Tryante
Title:What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World (Global Fund for Children Books)
Authors:Maya Ajmera
Info:Charlesbridge Publishing (2012), Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Picture Book, multicultural, non fiction

What We Wear: Dressing Up Around the World by Maya Ajmera

I like that the photos picture children not just in festival clothes but school clothes, sports clothes, and play clothes too. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
Global fashion tour featuring attractive, smiling children. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
I loved the photographs that captured various cultures and what they wear. Many details to share with youngsters to help their perspective of the world. ( )
  jverke | Mar 9, 2013 |
Colorful and fun photographs show happy children from different countries dressed in traditional clothing from each culture. I think this would be a good book to share because it shows the diversity of people. Fun activity would have the children dress up in traditional clothing from their favorite counrty from the book.
  Tryante | Nov 24, 2012 |

Works well when teaching clothing, weather or geography.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158089416X, Hardcover)

Vibrant photographs from around the world showcase the many different types of clothing that kids wear to play, study, pretend and celebrate. From school uniforms to costumes, traditional ethnic clothing to sports team jerseys-no matter what kids wear, clothes are an important part of who they are.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:49 -0400)

Uses colorful photographs to show the clothing and dress of children from places around the globe, including Peru, Uganda, and Sweden.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible