A Wanted Man by Lee. Child

A Wanted Man (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Lee. Child

Member:dbtfan
Title:A Wanted Man
Authors:Lee. Child
Info:Bantam Press UK (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:R-2012

A Wanted Man by Lee Child (2012)

This is the first Jack Reacher I've read and I have to admit that I'm probably not the target audience.

It's not that I didn't like the story, or Jack himself (OK, not that keen on him), but I just don't like some of the hoops that Reacher is put through, or the way he survives what would generally be unsurvivable situations but I doubt Child'd loosing any sleep over my disinterest :-) ( )
  JohnFair | Mar 1, 2015 |
Same ole, same ole........don't know why I even bothered, ( )
  junebedell | Jan 2, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
My first Lee Child book. Definitely a page-turner. I want to look into the author's background to see where he could got all the knowledge and lore in this book. The final sequence could easily become a "Call of Duty"-style video game. ( )
  TulsaTV | Dec 22, 2014 |
Not as good as most of the previous books, but still a good read. Maybe a little confusing in the middle, but nicely summed up in the end. One bad book in the bunch won't stop me from reading the next one. ( )
  ajohnson2371 | Nov 7, 2014 |
“The truth about Reacher gets better and better.”
added by cmwilson101 | editThe New York Times, Janet Maslin

Lee Childprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Grant, Jimtrue namemain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Jane,
standing by the major oak
The eyewitness said he didn't actually see it happen.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don’t add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia.

All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat—to both sides at once.

In Lee Child’s white-hot thriller, nothing is what it seems, and nobody is telling the truth. As the tension rises, the twists come fast and furious, keeping readers guessing and gasping until the explosive finale.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don't add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia. An hour behind them, a man lies stabbed to death in an old pumping station. He was seen going in with two others, but he never came out. He has been executed, the knife work professional, the killers vanished. Within minutes, the police are notified. Within hours, the FBI descends, laying claim to the victim without ever saying who he was or why he was there. All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat to both sides at once.… (more)

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,692,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible