A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee…

A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Lee Child

Member:gramsha2
Title:A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Delacorte Press (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****

A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (2012)

Recently added bykjames10, janda01, lostkiwi, G.Wanka, private library, GeoffBryan, ejelliot1138, corgiiman, Library1890

English (47)  German (1)  All languages (48)
As a book this was an okay story. I would not recommend this to any reader, definitely not to any Jack Reacher ffan

As a Jack Reacher story this book is 2D rather than the 3D I am used to. The plot lacked the depth I have come to expect. It had a very convoluted resolution that made no sense.

While reading it I was struck by the feeling of reading a paper written by a high schooler who had been told he had to have X number of words. Many sentences and phrases were repeated throughout the book, sometimes in the same chapter, sometimes on adjacent pages, as if Lee Child was filling in to reach his required number of words. ( )
  kewaynco | Apr 10, 2016 |
Very entertaining, and quick, just what I needed after a couple of darker stories. It was my first one, glad I have 16 more to choose from! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
Never read a Jack Reacher novel before. Didn't matter a bit that this is the 17th in the series. Smart, sharp, witty, lots of twists. Loved this book! (Thank you, Nancy.) ( )
  cjservis | Jan 17, 2016 |
typical reacher. good fun. ( )
  dham340 | May 10, 2015 |
This is the first Jack Reacher I've read and I have to admit that I'm probably not the target audience.

It's not that I didn't like the story, or Jack himself (OK, not that keen on him), but I just don't like some of the hoops that Reacher is put through, or the way he survives what would generally be unsurvivable situations but I doubt Child'd loosing any sleep over my disinterest :-) ( )
  JohnFair | Mar 1, 2015 |
“The truth about Reacher gets better and better.”
added by cmwilson101 | editThe New York Times, Janet Maslin

For Jane,
standing by the major oak
The eyewitness said he didn't actually see it happen.
ISBN 0553825526, 0385344333, 0593065735, and 0307749606 does NOT include the bonus novella, Deep Down.
ISBN 0307749606 is unabridged audiobook.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don’t add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia.

All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat—to both sides at once.

In Lee Child’s white-hot thriller, nothing is what it seems, and nobody is telling the truth. As the tension rises, the twists come fast and furious, keeping readers guessing and gasping until the explosive finale.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don't add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia. An hour behind them, a man lies stabbed to death in an old pumping station. He was seen going in with two others, but he never came out. He has been executed, the knife work professional, the killers vanished. Within minutes, the police are notified. Within hours, the FBI descends, laying claim to the victim without ever saying who he was or why he was there. All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat to both sides at once.… (more)

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,930,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible