A Wanted Man by Lee Child

A Wanted Man (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Lee Child

Member:mrmapcase
Title:A Wanted Man
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Dell (2013), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 624 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Fiction, Mystery, Nebraska, FRR

A Wanted Man by Lee Child (2012)

typical reacher. good fun. ( )
  dham340 | May 10, 2015 |
This is the first Jack Reacher I've read and I have to admit that I'm probably not the target audience.

It's not that I didn't like the story, or Jack himself (OK, not that keen on him), but I just don't like some of the hoops that Reacher is put through, or the way he survives what would generally be unsurvivable situations but I doubt Child'd loosing any sleep over my disinterest :-) ( )
  JohnFair | Mar 1, 2015 |
Same ole, same ole........don't know why I even bothered, ( )
  junebedell | Jan 2, 2015 |
Not as good as most of the previous books, but still a good read. Maybe a little confusing in the middle, but nicely summed up in the end. One bad book in the bunch won't stop me from reading the next one. ( )
  ajohnson2371 | Nov 7, 2014 |
This is the first Jack Reacher book I read - I keep confusing Lee Child with James Lee Burke [don't judge me] and I thought he might be too American for me. Ironic considering he's actually English, which might be one of the reasons I found this such a comfortable read.

Former military policeman Jack Reacher, now something of an eccentric drifter making his vague way to Virginia, gets a lift with three people claiming they are returning from a team-building session. Nothing is as it seems however and Jack realises the men in the car are lying to him and the woman is a hostage.

Tremendously exciting - it might not be great literature but it is a great thriller. ( )
  adpaton | Jan 14, 2014 |
“The truth about Reacher gets better and better.”
added by cmwilson101 | editThe New York Times, Janet Maslin

For Jane,
standing by the major oak
The eyewitness said he didn't actually see it happen.
ISBN 0553825526, 0385344333, 0593065735, and 0307749606 does NOT include the bonus novella, Deep Down.
ISBN 0307749606 is unabridged audiobook.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don’t add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia.

All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat—to both sides at once.

In Lee Child’s white-hot thriller, nothing is what it seems, and nobody is telling the truth. As the tension rises, the twists come fast and furious, keeping readers guessing and gasping until the explosive finale.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don't add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia. An hour behind them, a man lies stabbed to death in an old pumping station. He was seen going in with two others, but he never came out. He has been executed, the knife work professional, the killers vanished. Within minutes, the police are notified. Within hours, the FBI descends, laying claim to the victim without ever saying who he was or why he was there. All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat to both sides at once.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,049,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible