A Wanted Man by Lee Child

A Wanted Man (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Lee Child

Member:mrmapcase
Title:A Wanted Man
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Dell (2013), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 624 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Fiction, Mystery, Nebraska, FRR

A Wanted Man by Lee Child (2012)

English (56)  German (1)  All (57)
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing. It seems a lot of times that these popular writers write in a simplified style for a quick read. Lee Child turned out to be the real deal. I'll definitely be reading more. He's now on my favorite authors list. "A Wanted Man" had lots of twists that I never saw coming. The only part of the book I found boring was near the end, when it basically a movie action sequence. ( )
  bjkelley | Jun 25, 2017 |
This book arrived on my doorstep from the lovely people at Booktopia, just in time for me to read over the weekend. Unfortunately last weekend also coincided with the arrival of my son, damn stork was early, so my reading was interrupted. Normally a Reacher adventure can't be put down, but my new bub showed that sometimes you have to.

Reviewing Lee's new novel is hard, my interrupted reading, sleep deprivation and cuddle time has clouded my impression of the book. Reacher still kicked arse, the story was decent and Lee's characteristic tight plotting was on display.

I'm only giving this 4 stars for now, with the intention of re-reading it sometime after I've had a decent nights sleep. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
I received this book through a First Reads contest at GoodReads.com. As always, Lee Child has written an excellent, suspenseful, page-turner novel covering about 2 days in the life and times of Jack Reacher. I enjoyed it so much, it was hard to put down. I guess that’s why I finished it in about 36 hours. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes action packed novels – you don’t have to have read any of the prior Jack Reacher based novels to enjoy this one.

I still have a hard time seeing Tom Cruise playing Reacher in “One Shot” but it is what it is and I’ll definitely go see it as soon as it comes out.
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |
Awful... I should have known better. The words fail me to describe this non-fiction book. Lack of verisimilitude throughout the book... ( )
  antao | Dec 10, 2016 |
3.5 stars to be exact. Not the best Jack Reacher novel and a bit of a weird ending as well. However, I was entertained and it had some really good parts, but I felt it left some of them hanging. For instance what happens to the eye witness who is kept in the "hotel prison"...after all he is known as missing in his town and also about the leader of the gang who is not caught and Lester who turns out to not be a known person in CIA or the State Department...is he the leader of the gang or what? Too many unknowns in the end...or does it maybe continue in the next book? ( )
  McKhusu | Sep 7, 2016 |
“The truth about Reacher gets better and better.”
added by cmwilson101 | editThe New York Times, Janet Maslin

For Jane,
standing by the major oak
The eyewitness said he didn't actually see it happen.
ISBN 0553825526, 0385344333, 0593065735, and 0307749606 does NOT include the bonus novella, Deep Down.
ISBN 0307749606 is unabridged audiobook.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don’t add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia.

All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat—to both sides at once.

In Lee Child’s white-hot thriller, nothing is what it seems, and nobody is telling the truth. As the tension rises, the twists come fast and furious, keeping readers guessing and gasping until the explosive finale.

Four people in a car, hoping to make Chicago by morning. One man driving, eyes on the road. Another man next to him, telling stories that don't add up. A woman in the back, silent and worried. And next to her, a huge man with a broken nose, hitching a ride east to Virginia. An hour behind them, a man lies stabbed to death in an old pumping station. He was seen going in with two others, but he never came out. He has been executed, the knife work professional, the killers vanished. Within minutes, the police are notified. Within hours, the FBI descends, laying claim to the victim without ever saying who he was or why he was there. All Reacher wanted was a ride to Virginia. All he did was stick out his thumb. But he soon discovers he has hitched more than a ride. He has tied himself to a massive conspiracy that makes him a threat to both sides at once.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,012,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible