I'm Not Tired Yet! by Marianne Richmond

I'm Not Tired Yet! (edition 2012)

by Marianne Richmond

Member:uribookworms
Title:I'm Not Tired Yet!
Authors:Marianne Richmond
Info:
Tags:EarlyReviewer

I'm Not Tired Yet! by Marianne Richmond

Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer (Anonymous user)

I'm Not Tired Yet by Marianne Richmond
I do have a grandson who is 6 and this is him, very hard to get him to go to bed and this book is 'right on target'.
Illustrated very colorful children's bedtime story with suggestions to try other
things to get your child to go to bed.
Bugs, monsters and his favorite bear to cuddle, and a caterpillar tickle
among other things are just what he needs to fall asleep. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The children in my preschool class, threes, fours, and a few fives, really enjoy this book. They clearly can connect with the story, and ask repeatedly to have it read. Unfortunately, as with most children's review copy books, it is floppy and kind of difficult for them to read by themselves. I have noticed these books are pretty sturdy once I staple and tape them together for classroom use.
  uribookworms | Nov 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Kind of cute in that every child tries to find ways to put off bedtime! But the rhyming didn't have a good rhythm; every page there is a line or two that doesn't rhyme. And there was a bit of bad grammar when the little boy was talking... I prefer for children to hear good grammar. All the same, I won't mind reading it to my little bedtime procrastinator.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy in return for an honest review. ( )
  dolphari | Jul 6, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
We had a blast reading this story. Six year old Ralphie Mix reminds me of my five year old at bedtime. They try to find any and every reason to prolong going to sleep. We were amazed to see the same reasons in the book that my daughter uses at home. They range from bugs to monsters in the closets, from tummy aches to not being sleepy. The last resort always being that they need more hugs and kisses.
It was short enough to read two times in a row. My daughter kept telling me that Ralphie doesn't want to sleep yet, maybe his mom could sing some songs. I guess she could really relate to this little boy. I was thoroughly amused. The illustrations were nice and so was the rhyme. The author did a good job of creating a bedtime story that was relatable to both kids and parents. We enjoyed this book.

I would recommend this book to 5-12 years of age. ( )
  Ezinwanyi | Apr 24, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
“I’m Not Tired Yet!” is a cute story with lovely pictures about Ralphie Mix, aged 6, who is not yet ready to go to sleep. His mother counters bugs and monsters with goldfish kisses and gorilla hugs. What I am not impressed with is Ralphie’s last ditch effort to stay awake, fibbing to his mother about trouble in school. But, my 18 month old daughter loves the animals and it gives us some last minute cuddle and play time at the end of a long day. ( )
  bentley06 | Apr 10, 2012 |

For every parent whose child won't settle into bed without a dozen excuses, here is an adorable bedtime story from a beloved, award-winning author. With Richmond's signature heartfelt illustrations and whimsical text, "I'm Not Tired Yet!" helps every parent ease their child off to dreamland.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

I'm Not Tired Yet by Marianne Richmond was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,351,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible