In the bag by Kate Klise

In the bag (edition 2012)

by Kate Klise

Member:Rachel31
Title:In the bag
Authors:Kate Klise
Info:New York : HarperCollins US, 2012.
Rating:**

In The Bag by Kate Klise

This was an absolutely adorable read. It was a feel good book. I loved it.

Coco and her mother Daisy go to Paris for a vacation when Daisy once more quits her job. Andrew takes his son Webb with him as he goes to Madrid for work. Coco and Webb's bags are interchanged. The teens start e-mailing each other unbeknownst to their parents. Daisy, as a favor to her friend, does the food for the art exhibition that Andrew has been designing. They start talking. What happens is a wild ride. With old fashioned ideas and new technology how does romance fit?

I loved these four characters. I wasn't sure what to expect but watching them interact with each other and how botched their thinking was was so much fun. Nobody was ever right about what the other was thinking. I laughed out loud by the end.

Delightful! Perfect beach read ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jul 27, 2014 |
If you ignore the fact that the plot is somewhat contrived, this was a delightful little book (maybe not that little, 306 pages). A single mom traveling to Europe with her teenage daughter entangles with a single dad and his teenage son. There are notes, emails, mixed-up luggage, and much coincidence (oh gee, the mom's friend is able to lend them her Paris apartment because she is overseeing the exhibit in Spain that the dad is organizing). I was rooting for everyone. The plot seemed cinematic, but I didn't find anything about a movie version. ( )
  ennie | Apr 21, 2014 |
I like a good romantic comedy, and this one was fine, but not overly interesting, That it took me three weeks to finish is telling. ( )
  pidgeon92 | Apr 1, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It was a little too young for me once I started reading it, so I really just skimmed. But the plot is cute. ( )
  monkeyreader | Nov 13, 2012 |
Cute novel that would be perfect for the beach or pool with the alternating four points of view and short chapters. Even reading it post-Labor Day was fun. A mixed up LL Bean duffel bag from the Paris luggage carousel turns two single parents European trips (with their respective teens) into a fun, breezy romance. Because of their alternating viewpoints, it's easy to pick up the track of the story even if you put it down. ( )
  ethel55 | Sep 11, 2012 |
Oh, God.

A European vacation. A luggage mix-up. A note from a secret admirer.

Meet two single parents who think they're too busy to date.
And two teenagers who can't stop writing flirty emails.
This is a tale of connections—missed and made—in a universe that seems to have its heart set on reuniting Ms. 6B and Mr. 13C.

Webb
I can't believe I picked up the wrong bag at the airport. My dad is never going to let me hear the end of it.

Coco
I don't understand why Mom told me to pack my worst underwear. And now I've lost my bag? Ack!

Andrew
I cannot stop thinking about that woman in seat 6B on the flight to Paris.

Daisy
I don't have time to worry about the creep sitting in 13C who slipped a note in my purse. I have to find my daughter's missing bag before this ruins our vacation.

In the Bag is a smart and stylish story that explores the old-fashioned art of romance in a modern world, where falling in love can be as risky as checking a bag on an international flight. Buckle your seat belt—it's going to be a bumpy vacation!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:45 -0400)

"A European vacation. A luggage mix-up. A note from a secret admirer. Meet two single parents who think they're too busy to date. And two teenagers who can't stop writing flirty emails. This is a tale of connections, missed and made, in a universe that seems to have its heart set on reuniting Ms. 6B and Mr. 13C." -- Provided by publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

In the Bag by Kate Klise was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,484,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible