Permanent Winter by Grant Palmquist

Permanent Winter

by Grant Palmquist

fiction (1) horror (1) P (1) PF85U (1) to-read (1) to-review (1) vampires (3) violent sex (1)

I received a free ARC copy from the author. This book was not easy for me to get into. I've read lots of books with dark content yet I felt this was was very slow in places. While the charchers Blane and Skye kept things moving the jumping back and forth between different characters, Ron, Hank and Mallory to Joshua and Ruth didn't help me get into the story. I felt the character Joshua while important was a really slow character and I'm not sure why Ruth is there because they don't seem to have the greatest relationship. When I just got into it the story ended. ( )
  Kerriden | Dec 25, 2016 |
I'm at a bit of a loss of how to review this book. On one hand, it was very interesting, but on the other, I was kind of over the main characters personal issues. It sounded like he had some kind of mental issue that was going unaddressed. The ending was bit unbelievable and disappointing, with the main character joining the evil side but trying to stay good at the same time. ( )
  daleala | Jul 31, 2016 |
As vampire novels go, this one was pretty good. Good pace, and a fair amount of action. I especially liked the way the characters were laid out. It also did a good job of weaving many plots together - good, evil, greed, lust - all in all not a bad read. ( )
  Pierre_Benoit | Jun 1, 2016 |
When people in Nepenthe, California begin disappearing. A Man of God young Joshua is having visions. He is determined to find out what is happening?What he finds out is like nothing he could ever imagine. A fast paced horror story. If you enjoy creepy gory stories i highly recommend you read a permanent winter. ( )
  Georgiann | Nov 24, 2014 |
Skye and Blane are vampires that prey on everyone no matter the gender. Skye keeps asking for a baby but Blane says that they can't have baby because it wouldn't work. Skye refuses to believe Blane. Hank is down on his luck especially since his divorce and estrangement from his son Joshua. Hank doesn't know what to do with his life now. He's only going thru the motions anyway. Joshua is searching for God and getting no answers anyway. Joshua meets Ruth which changes everything for him. He just doesn't know it yet. Ruth becomes a light in Joshua's world. Will Skye get what she wants? Will Hank remain lost? Will Joshua continue to seek God? Your answers await you in Permanent Winter.

I gotta admit that Mr. Palmquist writes riveting book from first page to last page. He doesn't write your typical horror books but creates uniquely inspired works that suck you in and don't let go either. I'm definitely looking forward to more of Mr. Palmquist's work in the future. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | Aug 30, 2014 |

Grant Palmquist is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,887,900 books! | Top bar: Always visible