Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by…

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) (edition 2013)

by Beth Revis

4325924,401 (4)12
Member:SusieBookworm
Title:Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3)
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2013), Hardcover, 400 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:sci-fi, read it

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

English (58)  Danish (1)  All languages (59)
This was the last book in the trilogy. It finishes off the long struggle of Elder and Amy trying to get to the new earth, Centauri-Earth. Sol-Earth is where we are now. I don't know if in 33 years we would have the capabilities to launch a shuttle to another planet so far away that the shuttle can orbit for 500 years. But that is what happens. This is all about them landing on Centauri-Earth and what they encounter as they try to start a new life off the ship Godspeed. The frozens are awakened and everything changes. This is a good young adult trilogy and worth the read. You never know what could happen in the future... ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
A great way to end the series. I love Beth Revis. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
This one is my favorite in the trilogy. It had me on the edge of my seat. A lot of the time I felt like how I used to when I watched the hubby play Halo. It's such a new and different world, and had the same effect on me.

In the previous books, I always preferred Amy's character over Elder's. However, in this installment I have to say that Elder was my favorite character. He showed leadership, and was able to make difficult decisions. He stayed strong for his people, and Amy, throughout the book, even in the scariest situations. Amy comes across as incredibly whiny. She does what's she told, and doesn't put up a fight like she did in the previous novels. I just feel like she was deflated, and all of her convictions kind of went out the window once they arrived on the planet.

The plot is AMAZING!!! It moves along seamlessly. You are kept wondering what is on the planet for a long time. There are so many twists and turns that you don't know what to believe. The events that take place are unbelievable. And you start thinking about what could happen in the same circumstances.

Shades of Earth, is an epic final book. There's mystery, suspense, action, and of course romance. Both Amy and Elder are pushed to the limits in order to discover the truth about this new planet. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
HOT OFF THE PRESS!
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |
  MisaBookworm | Feb 2, 2016 |

Leaving the walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind, Amy and Elder are ready to build a home on Centauri-Earth. But they must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,307,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible