Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by…

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) (edition 2013)

by Beth Revis

291None38,525 (4.04)2
Member:SusieBookworm
Title:Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3)
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2013), Hardcover, 400 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:sci-fi, read it

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

I've loved all three books in the series, but this was the icing on the cake. The tension and conflict between the frozens and Elder's people was pretty much what I expected, but I still loved how well Revis wrote Amy into the middle of it all. There are some wonderful twists and turns, some that I NEVER saw coming and they were awesome!

Revis does a wonderful job building a new world and sharing the wonder with us. I read this the same time my daughter did and we kept trying to guess what would happen and who the bad guys really were. It was fun to do together. I also liked the way Revis kept with the "solve the puzzle" theme from the first two books. Before starting I thought that would be finished, but no! Love it!

In the end, all the loose ends are tied up, questions answered, and after several chapters of sitting on the edge of my couch that wonderfully satisfying resolution. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
This book was the perfect ending to a great series. It's the ultimate page turner. So good, I really loved it.
There were some great new characters, and just like the other books in the series, it was written really well.

For the full review, please take a look at my blog www.thebooktower.webs.com ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
A really strong ending to a really strong series. If you've got teens who are getting tired of weak heroines, this series is for them. ( )
  WiseYoungFools | Feb 17, 2014 |
Shades of Earth picks up when Elder and Amy are just about to arrive on the new planet. There is a lot of chaos but they both know they have no other choice but to land. As soon as they land, Amy rushes to unfreeze her parents. Once they're awake, Colonel Martin and her mom both take over. This frustrates Elder because he is known as the one in charge. That's his role, the leader of his people. Anyways, there are monsters called "pteros" that are attacking everyone for no reason other than they see them as prey. Then there's all this stuff with phydus, constant bickering between Elder and Amy's dad…Honestly this book disappointed me. I LOVED Across the Universe and the sequel was pretty good too.

This one was just "meh" to me. I was continually bored and kept putting it down to do other things. It all boiled down to I just don't even care what happens to the characters at this point. Not only did it just drag on, but what was up with Amy cheating on Elder?? I mean it was just awful. She would flirt with Chris and kiss him and the only legitimate reason for this was because he was another option. Really? It's called "lust" Amy, you obviously just like him for his looks. I felt so bad for Elder who obviously cared about Amy and she was just going off with another guy. If you're interested in this trilogy, I would just recommend you reading the first and second, or maybe just the first. ( )
  alexis909 | Jan 11, 2014 |

Leaving the walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind, Amy and Elder are ready to build a home on Centauri-Earth. But they must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible