Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by…

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) (edition 2013)

by Beth Revis

Member:SusieBookworm
Title:Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3)
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2013), Hardcover, 400 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:sci-fi, read it

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

English (57)  Danish (1)  All languages (58)
A great way to end the series. I love Beth Revis. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
This one is my favorite in the trilogy. It had me on the edge of my seat. A lot of the time I felt like how I used to when I watched the hubby play Halo. It's such a new and different world, and had the same effect on me.

In the previous books, I always preferred Amy's character over Elder's. However, in this installment I have to say that Elder was my favorite character. He showed leadership, and was able to make difficult decisions. He stayed strong for his people, and Amy, throughout the book, even in the scariest situations. Amy comes across as incredibly whiny. She does what's she told, and doesn't put up a fight like she did in the previous novels. I just feel like she was deflated, and all of her convictions kind of went out the window once they arrived on the planet.

The plot is AMAZING!!! It moves along seamlessly. You are kept wondering what is on the planet for a long time. There are so many twists and turns that you don't know what to believe. The events that take place are unbelievable. And you start thinking about what could happen in the same circumstances.

Shades of Earth, is an epic final book. There's mystery, suspense, action, and of course romance. Both Amy and Elder are pushed to the limits in order to discover the truth about this new planet. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
HOT OFF THE PRESS!
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |
  MisaBookworm | Feb 2, 2016 |
It's pretty standard of the YA dystopian trilogy with a few exceptions 1) it's a space opera where a ship has left Earth to colonize a new planet, 2) the main boy and girl characters are treated pretty equally, since there are alternating chapters of their POV, 3) the adults don't automatically follow the teenagers' lead, 4) it's a bit darker than most of the genre with more known characters' deaths (but not GoT levels), and 5) the romance plot is not as central but more satisfying than the one in the Hunger Games. ( )
  Bodagirl | Feb 1, 2016 |

Leaving the walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind, Amy and Elder are ready to build a home on Centauri-Earth. But they must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible