Mortal Ties by Eileen Wilks

More a 4.5

Excellent series!! ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
While the ending tells us Drummond would be back, he didn't really make much of an impact on me in this book, or the one before. Still haven't figured out what the gold rings on the ghosts mean.

I get that Lily was raised a certain way. and her being in law enforcement, and she works a certain way. What I don't like is the fact that she is questioning everything re Lupi, almost as if they explain it to her she can condone it. And she and Rule have been together long enough that she shouldn't still be getting her back up re bodyguards.

I also felt it was anti-climatic and too convoluted that Rule's half-brother just happened to be a thief who had slept with Robert Friar. Lily's sister Beth just happened to be in lust with her boss, Sean Friar, who happens to be half-brother to Robert Friar.

I was going to originally give it 4 stars, but too many things were tidied up too neatly. This one felt off to me. ( )
  DrkCherry | Sep 21, 2013 |
I freaking love this series sooooo much. I don't think I'll ever get enough of it! ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
I had a hard time starting this book. It's been a while since I've read a book from this series and I couldn't remember everything that happened in the last book. I wish I'd re-read book 8, I think would've enjoyed the earlier parts of this book.

In this book, we get to spend more time with the fae. Rule learns more about being Rho of Liedolf and Lu Nuncio for Nokolai. It is harder than he thought. Oh, and he has a brother. One he didn't know about.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this story. Once I got back to where I knew what was going on with the story, I loved it. Another great book for this series. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Whee. More grandmother Yu. ( )
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

When the prototype of a magical device is stolen from their clan, FBI agent Lily Yu and her fianc√©, lupi Rule Turner, must race against time to recover their missing property before it falls into the hands of Robert Friar, a killer, madman, and acolyte of the Old One the lupi are at war with.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,627,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible