Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood and Starlight (2012)

by Laini Taylor

Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (2)

English (181)  Italian (2)  German (1)  Indonesian (1)  All languages (185)
Una lectura muy intensa. Me encantó como Laini profundizó más en la relación de Zuzana y Mik, esos dos son adorables. Muchos giros inesperados, bastante acción y los últimos capítulos... Oh. My. God. ( )
  LenoreDiKaat | Mar 10, 2019 |
Wow this was intense! though my head aches for Karou and Akiva
I can't wait to see what happens in the third book! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
“Dead souls dream only of death. Small dreams for small men. It is life that expands to fill worlds. Life is your master, or death is,” Brimstone's last words to Akiva and the other Angels.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was the introduction to the magical world of Eretz, it was lighthearted and fun and beautiful. Days of Blood and Starlight is the bucket of cold water, the slap in the face that shows that magical isn't always better, that the magical world could be as awful and war-torn as the human world.

Karou now knows the truth about herself, and her heritage. She knows how she betrayed her people and became a traitor. Karou at the end of Daughter of Smoke and Bone breaks the wishbone and has all of her memories of Madrigal. Madrigal who fell in love with Akiva, and became an Angel-Lover, a traitor, but it’s not the happily ever after of Romeo and Juliet. Once Karou remembers Madrigal is when Akiva tells her what the hand prints were for and how the Chimaera are dead. The Angels believe they have won the war in the beginning but continue terrorizing the rest of Eretz.

However, things are not always what they seem. Karou was able to get to Eretz and saves the one person she wished she didn't have to, Thiago, the White Wolf. The man who executed her. The centuries-long war continues on, with Karou working for Thiago, following order that she hates. And hating herself for still loving Akiva. For wishing Brimstone were alive, and could help her. While, Karou builds an army for Thiago, Akiva starts a different battle, one for redemption, for hope, for Karou. Could there be hope in a world filled with death and blood and ashes of a once beautiful dream? The sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone was, somehow, even more impressive. Wonderfully written and executed. Before anyone reads this book I want to warn that there could be triggers for some people in this book. Close to the end Karou is almost raped by Thiago. Other than that, the book is an amazing read, and strangely even better than the first. Now off to the book store to buy the third one. ( )
  winterdragon | Jan 4, 2019 |
Popsugar Challenge set in a different country.

This wasn't as amazing as book one, but I'm really excited for the next book. I think the arcs within this trilogy are really well paced and enjoyable. Then again magical worlds are right up my alley. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
I want more Akiva!!!!!
*Squeeing*

AFTER READING
Plot: 5/5
Neer!
(for me, Neer serves as an all-purpose word for excitement and/or anger)
So, we have all this… all this War going on, and Karou being all like… and Akiva, he—he was like, and-and it.
I can’t use words to describe this and I don’t know how to use gifs.
But really, it was super epic.

Characters: 5/5
Karou: Karou was amazing in this book. Kind of annoying in her attitude towards Akiva for most of it. But, not so much that I was yelling at her (which is something that I do)
Akiva: I love Akiva. This will never change.
Karou and Akiva (reviewing these two characters as one): I love how much these two developed. It was the change in their ‘dream’ which is now all dirty and bruised, but having a dream is better than not having a dream , so they keep it even though it looks like it won’t ever be and-and—and—sob.
Zuzana: Zuzana is so much fun. Neek-neek!
Hazael and Liraz: We really got to know these characters better in this book and I liked it. I really liked both of them, but then—one of them… well, I won’t spoil it. But—it was bad.

Romance: 5/5
Okay, so I know that our main two, Kaoru and Akiva, were separate for most of this book. And Karou spent most of this book trying to convince herself that she hated Akiva. So how, exactly, does the romance section get such a high mark?
Well, Akiva, for one. Akiva spent most of the book thinking about and longing for KArou. And also there was al that stuff about their dream, which I count as a helping factor in the romance section.
Also, we had Sveva and Rath. I really want to see that happen. Rath is GOING to get resurrected
And then there was Ziri. He was so cute. He helped too.

1 point extra credit for beautiful words

Impey, AlisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luconi, MarcusCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.
For Jim, extremely
Prague, early May.

"The otherworldly Karou struggles to come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people"--

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,408,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible