Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood and Starlight (2012)

by Laini Taylor

Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (2)

English (172)  Italian (2)  German (1)  Indonesian (1)  All (176)
I purchased this book from Amazon to #buddyread with my bestie @mycornerforbooksand. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. This is the second part of The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I enjoyed the action in this one way better than the first. The story continues and the characters grow. Karou has learned more about the strengths she has and begins to rebuild her chimera army side by side with The Wolf until she learns the truth of what the Wolf is doing and then she pulls her inner rebel and begins to work her own plot to save the chimera. While all of that is happening on Earth, Akiva is in Astrae planning the downfall of throne of angels. The demons and the angels are both planning downfalls that can only lead to a war in a place neither have dreamed. Can't wait to dive into part 3 soon with my bestie @mycornerforbooksand. Review also posted on Instagram @borenbooks, Library Thing, Go Read, Goodreads/StacieBoren, Amazon, Twitter @jason_stacie and my blog at readsbystacie.com ( )
  SBoren | Jul 7, 2018 |
4.25

This one was definitely more epic than the first and I loved the host of characters and multiple POVs we are introduced to. The pacing is fantastic, full of action and never stalling to breathe. I thoroughly enjoyed Karou and Akiva's separate paths and am so damn proud of both of them. Also! Zuzana and Mik are the cutest! And Ziri, my sweet, self sacrificing new fave, UGH. Hug me.

Definitely moving onto the next one as soon as I press save.
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
4.5 stars.

I was worried, at first, that I wouldn't like this book as much as the first. It's known to happen, of course - that the second book doesn't end up being as good. And for the first few chapters, I have to admit that it was like a wish (or the opposite of one, really) that was fulfilling itself. I couldn't really get into the story; I couldn't remember all the tidbits of the first book; I couldn't get attached to the characters.

All that, thankfully, changed soon enough.

Even now, more than a day since I've finished the book, I still can't get over how imaginative Laini Taylor's storytelling is. How bizarre, and monstrous, and beautiful. At some point, I just couldn't get enough of it. Now I can only wait - barely - for the third book to arrive.

UDT | May 1, 2018 |
First read August 24 2014
Second Read August 2 2016 ( )
  tamaranewman | Mar 22, 2018 |
This was my second time reading this book and it was just as good as the first time.

The war between the chimaera and the seraphim has heated up and become more bloody and gruesome than ever. Both sides are committing horrible atrocities with the exception of small groups of individuals within the fighting ranks.

Karou and Akiva both have monumental obstacles in their way as they struggle to find peace for their races while wracked with warring feelings about each other. I think that the author's depiction of their relationship here is very well done. They don't come across as annoying and both of them seem to keep their heads on straight with their main goal (peace) being at the front of their minds.

An interesting aspect in this book were the scenes with random people, both chimaera and seraphim, as they deal with things from their stations as the hunted and with the madness of their leaders.

The ending few scenes were heart breaking and had me instantly grabbing for the third book to see how things turn out for everyone as the war escalates even further and reaches the human world. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

Impey, AlisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luconi, MarcusCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.
For Jim, extremely
Prague, early May.

"The otherworldly Karou struggles to come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people"--

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,297,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible