Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke…

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Laini Taylor

Member:sawcat
Title:Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
Authors:Laini Taylor
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 528 pages
Tags:audio, angels, fantasy, paranormal, young adult

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (2012)

English (113)  Italian (1)  Indonesian (1)  German (1)  All languages (116)
I recieved a copy from Netgalley. I also purchased a paperback copy and an iBooks copy.

I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. I think I might be experiencing a book hangover. I got this book. Awhile ago on iBooks after I loved loved loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone but never got round to reading it. I got an email from Netgalley with a invite to read before the last book in the series came out and thought oh great, I'll get the Netgalley kindle version that will kick me in gear to read it as I have already pre ordered the last book even though I haven't finished the second yet.

I tried reading the Kindle version I downloaded from Netgalley and didn't get very far. There are some books I just can't read on Kindle and need a physical copy and this was one of this books. I finished the paperback I purchased.

And I loved it. This book was quite different from the first one. Much darker in tone focusing more on the chimera vs seraph war with hardly anyu of the romance angle. Completely and utterly absorbing, the writing is so wonderful I just can't put in words how much I love the style. The plot was full of twists and turns and I teared up quite a few times. There were plenty of times the horror of the war made me shudder and I had to stop reading it for a while.

Despite that it has everything I look for in a fantasy novel, great world building, gripping plot and fantastic characters. I loved it?

Thank you to Netgalley for the invite.

sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
This one started out a little slow for me as it took a while to remember who the characters were and what their relationship was, but once I remembered a bit and it got going, it was pretty good. This one moved the story along in a great way, and I will be watching for book three. Plus, the covers are awesome, from the use of text/font to the brilliant use of color. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Oy, this book was a slog for me. I ended up skim-reading about three quarters of it. Way too much heavy plot and not enough of the romance/relationship elements for my taste. That said, it does an excellent job of setting up book three, which I'm hoping is better! ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
wow..just wow. I liked the first book (daughter of smoke and bone) quite a lot and I knew that I was going to enjoy this one as well but I didn't think I was going to be blown away by it! The characters are much more fully developed and I love the fact that we get to hear the voices of secondary characters in the sequel. I am eagerly awaiting the next book :)
  elfie1980 | Jul 2, 2014 |

Impey, AlisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luconi, MarcusCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.
For Jim, extremely
Prague, early May.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is--and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

"The otherworldly Karou struggles to come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people"--

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

150 wanted4 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,342,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible