Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood & Starlight (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Laini Taylor, Khristine Hvam (Reader)

Member:xicanti
Title:Days of Blood & Starlight
Authors:Laini Taylor
Other authors:Khristine Hvam (Reader)
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Collections:Permanent Collection
Tags:fantasy, contemporary fantasy, magic users, angels, family, american, 2x, 2013, 2014

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (2012)

English (140)  Italian (1)  Indonesian (1)  German (1)  All languages (143)
Amazing! Full of blood and death and pain and agony. The war between the seraphs and chimaeras has evolved into something much more dangerous to both sides. And Karou finds herself right in the middle of it. Laini Taylor doesn't hold her punches in letting this war take its realistic toll both on the soldiers and innocents. Brutal and merciless, thousands are being killed on both sides. The question is just how will it end? I'm zooming off to the next book! ( )
  bookharpy | Apr 19, 2016 |
It took me a while to get through this book. Not because it didn’t keep my attention, but because the narrator has such a soothing voice, and it made me sleepy. lol I love these books so hard!

I’ve missed Karou and Akiva. I lov ethe way their actions intertwine even if they don’t know it. I also missed Zuzana and Mik. They crack me up. I love the banter between both of them. We are introduced to so many new characters. It is sometimes hard to keep up with them.

I like that we get a look into other parts of their world. There are also a few new characters that I loathe!!! It’s really hard to like some of them or feel any kind of sympathy.

Sorry this is so short but I don’t want to give a ton away, and the character names are hard to spell without seeing them. ;) ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
The first time I found "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" on amazon.com I ordered it asap. When I finally got it I devoured it. The setting was charming, the characters were eccentric, Karou was bewitching and the mystery of who she is kept me going on reading page after page until I reached a horrible cliffhanger!

I finally have in my hands "Days of Blood & Starlight" and I finally have enough space to read it; the author started right where we were left hanging which was good.

I loved that the book started right where we left off, but I'm suffering a bit with how many new strange names and characters there are, I was used to the older group but now the book is filled with characters that at times I couldn't keep up who was who and why was that happening, in any case, I loved it and kept on reading. I ordered the third book.

In the last chapters, something horrible will happen... reading that scene was very hard and disturbing.

Finishing this book, I really want Karou and Akiva to be together like Mik and Zuzana. I don't care if they are a devil and an angel. They've just been through too much, and haven't even enjoyed each other. So not fair! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I liked this book much more than the first of the series, because it had more story and turning points to it. I also like the underlying theme of the book: the peace and war duality. And I'm curious to see where the story is going. ( )
1 vote Leticia.Toraci | Feb 10, 2016 |

Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luconi, MarcusCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.
For Jim, extremely
Prague, early May.

"The otherworldly Karou struggles to come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people"--

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

336 wanted7 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,788,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible