The Garden of Happy Endings: A Novel by…

The Garden of Happy Endings: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Barbara O'Neal

Member:jenniandtony
Title:The Garden of Happy Endings: A Novel
Authors:Barbara O'Neal
Info:Bantam (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:2012, Your library
Rating:*****

The Garden of Happy Endings: A Novel by Barbara O'Neal

While this was an interesting sorry, I'm glad I read a couple of her other books first. The main plot focused too much on religion and her struggles with her faith. However, her other books don't touch on the subject at all and were a much more enjoyable read. ( )
  patrish | Apr 19, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have to agree with many of the other reviews. This was an enjoyable book. It was my favorite kind of books - one where the characters go through a ton, but learn a ton from their experience. It was well written and the characters were real, interesting, and likable. I look forward to other book by this author, because I also really enjoyed, The Lost Recipe for Happiness. O'Neal seems to have a way of creating awesome characters and I can't to find more of them.
  traciragas | Apr 27, 2013 |
I enjoyed it very much. The characters were quite real, and well developed. Usually I don't like switching from character to character, but I didn't mind in this book ( )
  ShannaRedwind | Mar 31, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as a free Early Reviewers giveaway and enjoyed every moment reading it. I think I may have even found a new favorite author. I loved the depth of this book. It explored love and relationship from some very fresh perspectives. It explored young love just beginning, an old relationship that is at the end of the road, a relationship that was lost may years ago and the strength that comes from building a relationship on friendship. While this story tackles some very intense subjects, it was a joy to read. I kept turning the pages hooked on what would happen next. I highly recommend this book! ( )
  jenniandtony | Jan 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another "LT" free book. This book was a joy to read, its about Elsa who is a Unity minister, and she has to deal with a crisis of faith, she finally makes peace with it. Faith based it allows you to realize that even those of us who are deep believers can reach our lows. Would recommend this book to anyone, I also look forward into reading other books by this author. ( )
  diogo79 | Dec 16, 2012 |

From Barbara O’Neal, beloved author of How to Bake a Perfect Life and The Lost Recipe for Happiness, comes another magical, heartfelt novel—perfect for fans of Kristin Hannah and Susan Wiggs.

But when the going gets tough, the tough get growing. A community garden in the poorest, roughest part of town becomes a lifeline. Creating a place of hope and sustenance opens Elsa and Tamsin to the renewing power of rich earth, sunshine, and the warm cleansing rain of tears. While Elsa finds her heart blooming in the care of a rugged landscaper, Tamsin discovers the joy of losing herself in the act of giving—and both women discover that with time and care, happy endings flourish.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:22 -0400)

After tragedy shatters her small community in Seattle, the Reverend Elsa Montgomery has a crisis of faith. Returning to her hometown of Pueblo, Colorado, she seeks work in a local soup kitchen. Preparing nourishing meals for folks in need, she keeps her hands busy while her heart searches for understanding. Meanwhile, her sister, Tamsin, as pretty and colorful as Elsa is unadorned and steadfast, finds her perfect life shattered when she learns that her financier husband is a criminal. Enduring shock and humiliation as her beautiful house and possessions are seized, the woman who had everything now has nothing but the clothes on her back. But when the going gets tough, the tough get growing. A community garden in the poorest, roughest part of town becomes a lifeline. Creating a place of hope and sustenance opens Elsa and Tamsin to the renewing power of rich earth, sunshine, and the warm cleansing rain of tears. While Elsa finds her heart blooming in the care of a rugged landscaper, Tamsin discovers the joy of losing herself in the act of giving--and both women discover that with time and care, happy endings flourish.… (more)

59 wanted1 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Garden of Happy Endings by Barbara O'Neal was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,613,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible