Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley…

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson) (edition 2012)

by Darynda Jones

Member:STACYatUFI
Title:Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson)
Authors:Darynda Jones
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Reviewed for Publisher/Authors
Rating:*****

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones

Recently added byprivate library, Keng, Samara.Lipman, Lori.Slade, tennwisc, atcolorado, okathy1, angee1011

This light-hearted series featuring a pretty young grim reper and a handsome son of Satan always makes me laugh. ( )
  aztwinmom | Jun 10, 2014 |
Review coming soon at www.theibookemporium.com ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
Love these books. There just isn't anything else to say, those words explain ot all ( )
  arparish82 | Apr 8, 2014 |
Originally posted at Novel Reveries

Oh how I love this series! I always look forward to reading the Charley Davidson series and this book definitely did not disappoint. Darynda has a wonderful way with words that create a thoroughly enjoyable read. The characters in this series are incredibly lovable... or downright gruesome, depending on the subject, but seeing things through Charley's eyes make everything seem a little rosier, haha! I was laughing so much with this book! It's every bit of awesome! The humor in this book was off the charts, as I found myself laughing out loud in crowded places among people with questioning looks on their faces, and in my room among my cat who just meowed at me to be pet. The constant renaming of Charley's couch was wonderful! I'm seriously deciding on what I'm going to call my possessions. That should be fun task. The point where Charley decides that she should probably name her life became quite existential, and I thought it was a great touch to bring some philosophy to the story.

"Life wasn't a stack of cards that just magically fell into place when dropped. Unless life was named David Copperfield.
That was it. I would name my life. The minute I came up with a name for my sofa, which might or might not go by the name of Sigourney Weaver, I would name my life." (301)

In this book we, as well as Charley, learn more about Charley's ancestry so to speak, and her abilities as the grim reaper. The mysteries and their end revelations were well done and quite shocking, but I love how Charley handles these situations and how these situations help set up anxiety for the next book to come. The ending was awesome! I love me some Reyes and cannot wait for the next book! Besides, he still owes Charley a million bucks...

First Line: "I sat watching the Buy From Home Channel with my dead aunt Lillian and wondered what my life would've been like had I not just eaten an entire carton of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy with a mocha latte chaser." (1)

Last Line: "She nudged me with her elbow and said with a cackle of delight, 'I think you guys should make some more of those brownies, 'cause that boy looks hungry.'" (308)
--------------
Quotes

"Awe swelled inside my chest. 'Did the angels tell you we were coming?'
'No, I saw you pull up.'
'Oh.' That was kind of anticlimactic." (87)

"I wanted to be angry with him, to shake my fists and snarl, but he'd been fighting demons for me. To keep me safe. It was so freaking hard to stay angry with a guy who was secretly fighting a war in your honor. Damn it." (125)

"Damn. I should have told her. It was hard when people didn't know they were dead." (275) ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
Originally posted at Novel Reveries

--------------
Quotes

"Awe swelled inside my chest. 'Did the angels tell you we were coming?'
'No, I saw you pull up.'
'Oh.' That was kind of anticlimactic." (87)

Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
For Quentin, part-time pimp, full-time ninja, who even at his age, still says things like, "Thank you, Easter Bunny! Bok, bok!"

Sometimes being the grim reaper really is that. Grim. And since Charley's last case went so awry, she has taken a couple months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above. Or at least get dressed. She quickly realizes something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she's insane. The more they refute the woman's story, the more Charley believes it. In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, has been cleared of all charges. He is out of prison and out of Charley's life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved. Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans.… (more)

310 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,491,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible