Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda…

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (edition 2012)

by Darynda Jones

Member:leahsimone
Title:Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Authors:Darynda Jones
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Ebooks, Own
Tags:fiction, Charlie Davidson, humor, mystery, paranormal, series, R-2012

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones

English (50)  Piratical (1)  All languages (51)
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
4 Stars

The characters in this series are so engaging (that Reyes just gives me heart palpitations) and the story arc is very interesting. Nevertheless, Charley's quirky humor is getting old and her habit of naming her body parts (and her furniture) is more than a little irritating.

In this installment, Charley becomes the target of demons obsessed with killing her and also works on three separate cases: a young woman who has been tormented by a stalker since age 5, a series of bank robberies and a serial arsonist. The mystery surrounding Harper Lowell's stalker is the most compelling of the three (the others feel like filler) and the twists and turns keep you guessing.

On a more personal level, Charley is coping with the aftermath of the previous book's events by becoming addicted to the home shopping channel. Cookie thankfully comes to the rescue but Charley must come to terms with what happened and Reyes plays a big part in her "treatment". Speaking of Reyes, the man can be an obnoxious jerk, but when push comes to shove, he is always there when Charley needs him. Charley also has a couple of heart to heart talks with her stepmother and father, and things finally come to a head (that Denise is such a cow!)

The angels and demons storyline is developing in an enticing direction and I look forward to further developments with the whole lock and key agenda.

Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
I so enjoy this series that I had to sit down and read this book cover to cover. Darynda Jones has a wicked sense of humor that keeps a smile lurking on my face. This the 4th book of the Charley Davidson series shifts from action to romance to heartbreak and tears, to laughter and then back again as her many characters interact in a fast-moving, well-scripted pace. This gifted storyteller teller has created a world inhabited by the Grim Reaper busy solving crime after crime, working with the Albuquerque police in her role as a P.I. This is a series that you could read out of order and still understand but I would recommend reading in order as each book builds its relationships upon the book that comes before. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 1, 2016 |
I LOVE these books :) ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
Lorelei King
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
In this fourth book of the series, Charley has to figure out who has been terrorizing a woman for at least two decades. It is what gets her out of her apartment and her addiction to the shopping channel - after trying to come to terms with her ordeal in the last book. Charley has to admit that she is actually afraid of something. There is a side story about her biker friends, especially Donovan. Charley discovers more about herself in this book and about her purpose and her history. We discover more about Reyes also. There are demons to battle and Charley finds out who her guardian angel will be. This book doesn't have as many funny sections, but Charley's sarcastic wit can definitely be seen. I enjoyed this book. ( )
  MelAnnC | Feb 29, 2016 |

Darynda Jonesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Quentin, part-time pimp, full-time ninja, who even at his age, still says things like, "Thank you, Easter Bunny! Bok, bok!"
I sat watching the Buy From Home Channel with my dead aunt Lillian and wondered what my life would've been like had I not just eaten an entire carton of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy with a mocha latte chaser.

Sometimes being the grim reaper really is that. Grim. And since Charley's last case went so awry, she has taken a couple months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above. Or at least get dressed. She quickly realizes something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she's insane. The more they refute the woman's story, the more Charley believes it. In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, has been cleared of all charges. He is out of prison and out of Charley's life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved. Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,389,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible