Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and…

Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes

by Joy Wilson

I made several recipes from this book. So far I have made the cheddar chive biscuits, whole wheat goat cheese biscuits and Flax Seed Crackers. I loved the cheddar biscuits, the whole wheat biscuits were just OK and the crackers were a learning experience. I had always wanted to make crackers and my first attempt here wasn't a fail but it wasn't totally successful either. But that was on me as I needed to roll the dough out a bit thinner.

Pros: The book is lightweight and not cumbersome to carry or keep open on the counter when cooking. I love the "kitchen tips" section at the beginning and started with one (making your own buttermilk) with my first recipe. The photos are very nice and instructions are clear and easy to follow. (I recommend the cheddar biscuits.)Also, the book is well indexed.

Cons: It's hard for me to ever find a "con" about a cookbook! Yes, there are some recipes I wouldn't make but hey - I have had many cookbooks where you find a few recipes that just don't rock your world.

Overall this book gets an A and I would recommend it for the baking obsessed kitchen rat. You will be quite pleased with the buttery, sugary delicious recipes and photos to drool over.

It's in the plans to make the peach cobbler muffins and bread pudding using copious quantities of bourbon. Absolutely. ( )
  SquirrelHead | Nov 15, 2013 |
Lots of things I want to try- mostly in the dessert category. First up will most likely be mint chocolate chip marshmallows!! ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |

Presents a selection of one hundred baking recipes that includes options for pancakes, pies, pudding, cakes, brownies, cookies, snacks, and frosting, with discussions on ingredients and preparation.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,976,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible