Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James…

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

2741941,373 (3.69)5
Member:DarkFaerieTales
Title:Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Author)

I really did enjoy this book. I like the narrator, Tandy. I enjoy how it's narrated! That's what really made me get into it. I liked how you never really knew who did it until the end. You think you suspect one person, then something comes up that gives you doubt, even if its just the smallest amount of doubt.

The closer I got to the end of the book, I had the I like it BUT... thing going, well, that but is gone, kinda...I think the but was the fact it was a little longer than I thought I should have been, a bit drawn out and too much information in some areas, but other than that, I still really liked it.

This was my first James Patterson book. I do plan on reading book 2 in this series (I guess it's a series, or a duo-logy..I only know of the second book)...The second book is called "The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)" and it looks like it's due to come out October 7, 2013.

If you like James Patterson, you've never read him, or even iffy about him, this book is worth a try. This is one of his YA novels.

Reading this book makes me want to at least take a second look at his others, even if I don't get into the others....I am willing to at least see if I'd be willing to try..

To purchase this book, or any other book, you can go to:

(any issues with the link, let me know, I'll try to figure out how to fix them) :-)
  MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
This was an exciting and entertaining mystery told by 16-year-old Tandy Angel. Her parents are dead and the police suspect one of the children of killing them. Home that night, besides Tandy, were her twin brother Harry and her 10-year-old brother Hugo. Another suspect is their older brother Matty who is a NFL star for the Giants.

The Angel children are not ordinary. They are all very bright, very strong, and, in Tandy's opinion, sociopaths. They have been raised that way by their parents. Their father runs a pharmaceutical company and their mother manages a hedge fund. They live in the Dakota, a really exclusive locale in New York City.

Tandy decides to investigate and tell the story of her life even though she knows that she and her brothers are the most logical suspects. Each piece of the investigation raises more and more questions. What were the drugs that their parents were feeding the kids? What is it that Tandy is forgetting about the boy she can catch glimpses of in her memory? Who is the father of Matty's girlfriend's baby? What is going on in their parents' businesses? Who killed Malcolm and Maud Angel?

Unfortunately, only one of the questions actually gets answered in this book which leaves the rest to be answered in the sequels.

I loved the narration. Emma Galvin sounded like a 16-year-old girl who is trying to understand what is going on in her life. Of course, the style - with Tandy telling her own story - suited the narration too. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 6, 2014 |
I thought this book was too formulaic. The word "confessions" was used too much and it's purpose was to to tie the book together. The entire point was to drop red herrings everywhere and you never got to know a single character with any depth. There would be information "dropped" and then "I'll tell you later about that," making you suspicious and think, "so that's the bad guy/girl!." This was done repeatedly. It's hack writing with the author's name selling the novel, certainly not the quality of the work.

Malcolm and Maud Angel are found dead. The police believe they are murdered and begin the investigation. The novel is told from the daughter Tandy's point of view. She may or may not be a trust worthy narrator, so we wonder what we can believe. She also has missing memories, so could she be the killer.

Each family member is strange--no where near realistic in any sense--and each has a motive to kill their parents. The evidence slowly unfolds and the truth is revealed in the end. ( )
  acargile | Jun 24, 2014 |
The book confessions of a murder suspect pulls you in in the beginning. Every chapter that you pass gets more and more interesting. But as you get farther into the book it keeps on going back and forth. i don't know if i should keep reading to see if it progresses, but i didn't like how it kept repeating itself.
  br14caab | Jun 6, 2014 |

To purchase this book, or any other book, you can go to:

OBridget1 | May 4, 2014 |

Patterson, JamesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Tandy Angel is, along with her brothers, a suspect in their parents' murder but having grown up under Malcolm and Maud Angel's perfectionist demands, Tandy decides she must clear the family name no matter what.

514 wanted3 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,608,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible