Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James…

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Member:DarkFaerieTales
Title:Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Author)

Enjoyable and fun. Nice middle/high school book. One of the few books written in 2nd person that doesn't sound too cheesy ( )
  selinalynn69 | Dec 21, 2014 |
This was a strange book. A family of proverbial geniuses, being raised by two extreme overachievers cause a train wreck of a family. The parents of these children are found dead in their bed room in the middle of the night. The children learn of it when the police almost knock down their door demanding to be let in.

Turns out the children where their parents plan for creating the perfect kids and as such, they were all emotionally scarred and stunted. So their reactions to the news was not the normal panic one would expect of kids and this made the police immediately suspicious of them. It didn't help that it was a 'locked room' mystery and the children looked to be the only ones who could have done it.

It was an interesting look at how police and even other people view those under suspicion of violent crimes. Often it is you are guilty until proven innocent and it's unfair. Decent story, well read and well written. Worth a shot I think. ( )
  readafew | Nov 4, 2014 |
I used to be a Patterson fan, until all his work became co-authored and something new published every month. This particular YA title is the first "Patterson" YA I have read. I kind of liked how with the audiobook version the Tandy character is speaking TO the reader and telling the story of her parent's death and the subsequent investigation. It made me wonder what the print version said in the places where she addresses the audiobook reader. She also mentions and talks about unreliable narration, which I assumed meant that maybe she might be hiding something, but turns out, I couldn't really figure out what she was hiding, if anything. We learn everything she learns, with her.

Anyway, the story was mildy entertaining and interesting. I felt bored halfway through though, and was glad to be done. It didn't strike me as being very realistic, and the ending left tons hanging so that, of course, people would want to continue the series.

If a reader already likes Patterson, then I would probably recommend this to them. However, I doubt I will bother with any follow-ups to this book. ( )

Patterson, JamesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Tandy Angel is, along with her brothers, a suspect in their parents' murder but having grown up under Malcolm and Maud Angel's perfectionist demands, Tandy decides she must clear the family name no matter what.

514 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,560,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible