Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James…

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Title:Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Author)

Started this December 09th, 2012 after a whole day not reading any book!
Read a comment that this will end more or less in a series. Not what I wanted. Not what I want, now that I am 2/3 finished.
Nice twist at the ending.
The idea and the whole structure was ok, but not too gripping, the meandering storytelling did nothing for me and it felt like being written for dumb teenagers, not young adults or even (like me) older adults.
Maybe Patterson should slow down and concentrate more on good content than mass production (in German we say "Masse statt Klasse" for this kind of work).
I will certainly not read the next book in this series (if there is one) anytime soon. Instead I will finish the Maximum Ride-series and read other authors. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Tandy Angel is a great protagonist, unfortunately, I have always had a problem with Patterson's writing, and this is no exception. There was a red herring, but the denouement came way out of left field. Plus, there was a major loose end. ( )
  bookwyrmm | May 21, 2015 |
This was a good read. I really enjoyed it. I was surprised when I read it was for the younger crowd but then I realized when they state it is YA for Young Adult, they really mean Young Adult. Likely 16 and up. I would say it would be fine for a 15 year old also. This book wasn't as suspenseful as a lot of his other books but it did keep me reading and was a page turner. You really wanted to know who was responsible for the murders of the parents. And what was really the deal with the Angel family? Why are the kids the way that they are? Well, you will find out most of it here. Not as detailed or as much as you would prefer but its a good story. Definitely a Patterson book. I will definitely read the 2nd and 3rd Confession books also but I wouldn't pay full price to read them. ( )
  diananagy | Apr 5, 2015 |
Enjoyable and fun. Nice middle/high school book. One of the few books written in 2nd person that doesn't sound too cheesy ( )
  selinalynn69 | Dec 21, 2014 |
This was a strange book. A family of proverbial geniuses, being raised by two extreme overachievers cause a train wreck of a family. The parents of these children are found dead in their bed room in the middle of the night. The children learn of it when the police almost knock down their door demanding to be let in.

Turns out the children where their parents plan for creating the perfect kids and as such, they were all emotionally scarred and stunted. So their reactions to the news was not the normal panic one would expect of kids and this made the police immediately suspicious of them. It didn't help that it was a 'locked room' mystery and the children looked to be the only ones who could have done it.

It was an interesting look at how police and even other people view those under suspicion of violent crimes. Often it is you are guilty until proven innocent and it's unfair. Decent story, well read and well written. Worth a shot I think. ( )
  readafew | Nov 4, 2014 |

Patterson, JamesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Tandy Angel is, along with her brothers, a suspect in their parents' murder but having grown up under Malcolm and Maud Angel's perfectionist demands, Tandy decides she must clear the family name no matter what.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,867,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible