Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James…

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Member:hojnicki
Title:Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:1/2

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Author)

Confessions of a Murder Suspect, by James Patterson is a fictional mystery with an fast-paced plot. Sixteen year old Tandy is rushing to find the murderer of her parents, while handling the stress of the press eager for an insight into the final moments of her parents’ high profile lives while coming to terms with the fact that one of her siblings probably killed them. Tandy is unsure who really killed them, and she is considering the possibility that she might have- after all, her parents spent their lives teaching their children to control their emotions, and hide memories from themselves.
Confessions of a Murder Suspect is a fast-paced read, with an exciting plot and interesting subplots that keep the reader engaged and invested in the ultimate outcome of the crime. However, the book travels at such a fast pace that Patterson does not slow down as he tries to wrap up the book in a neat package- albeit a clumsily wrapped package The end of the book concludes with much of the subplots unanswered, which quite possibly will be what the next books are about. However, the overall plot was well written, and Tandy was the perfect main character, likeable enough and just as clueless as the reader about who the true murderer is. ( )
  degrbr14 | Sep 3, 2014 |
If Nancy Drew was thrown into the middle of a psychological drama about a really messed-up family with secrets coming out the wazoo, you’d get Confessions of a Murder Suspect. It’s a very quick read - Patterson-lite, you might say - but it’s still quite engaging. Tandy’s “confessions” make you question her reliability as a narrator, but also frustrate the heck out of you because it’s obvious she knows more than she says. I’m looking forward to reading the sequels, mainly because I counted at least four different (interconnected?) mysteries that have yet to be explained. But don’t worry; the mystery of who murdered Tandy’s parents is ultimately solved in this book, with all kinds of juicy revelations along the way. Overall, a fun mystery. ( )
  les121 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Maud and Malcolm Angel have been found dead. Daughter Tandy knows she is the last one to see them alive and knows that she and her brothers are suspects.

My Thoughts:

It's been a long time since I have read a James Patterson. The reason being is that I used to look forward to his books but found I got bored with them. Alex Cross I can well leave alone. The reason I read this one is that the girls at work recommended it.

When I was growing up I read a lot of Nancy Drew. Tandy for me is a modern day Nancy running around trying to solve her parents murder. This is not a bad thing. The book I found just ok, nothing grabbed me to go and read book two. Nothing in this book has inspired me either to rush out and read more James Patterson. This does not reflect on how respected he is.

I have enjoyed many JP in the past and for his die hard fans this book will be a must. For me it just hsd no oomph, although it is a teenager book. The book was for me just ok, although I did enjoy Tandy,s narrative. ( )
  tina1969 | Aug 8, 2014 |
I really did enjoy this book. I like the narrator, Tandy. I enjoy how it's narrated! That's what really made me get into it. I liked how you never really knew who did it until the end. You think you suspect one person, then something comes up that gives you doubt, even if its just the smallest amount of doubt.

The closer I got to the end of the book, I had the I like it BUT... thing going, well, that but is gone, kinda...I think the but was the fact it was a little longer than I thought I should have been, a bit drawn out and too much information in some areas, but other than that, I still really liked it.

This was my first James Patterson book. I do plan on reading book 2 in this series (I guess it's a series, or a duo-logy..I only know of the second book)...The second book is called "The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)" and it looks like it's due to come out October 7, 2013.

If you like James Patterson, you've never read him, or even iffy about him, this book is worth a try. This is one of his YA novels.

Reading this book makes me want to at least take a second look at his others, even if I don't get into the others....I am willing to at least see if I'd be willing to try..

To purchase this book, or any other book, you can go to:

(any issues with the link, let me know, I'll try to figure out how to fix them) :-)
  MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
This was an exciting and entertaining mystery told by 16-year-old Tandy Angel. Her parents are dead and the police suspect one of the children of killing them. Home that night, besides Tandy, were her twin brother Harry and her 10-year-old brother Hugo. Another suspect is their older brother Matty who is a NFL star for the Giants.

The Angel children are not ordinary. They are all very bright, very strong, and, in Tandy's opinion, sociopaths. They have been raised that way by their parents. Their father runs a pharmaceutical company and their mother manages a hedge fund. They live in the Dakota, a really exclusive locale in New York City.

Tandy decides to investigate and tell the story of her life even though she knows that she and her brothers are the most logical suspects. Each piece of the investigation raises more and more questions. What were the drugs that their parents were feeding the kids? What is it that Tandy is forgetting about the boy she can catch glimpses of in her memory? Who is the father of Matty's girlfriend's baby? What is going on in their parents' businesses? Who killed Malcolm and Maud Angel?

Unfortunately, only one of the questions actually gets answered in this book which leaves the rest to be answered in the sequels.

I loved the narration. Emma Galvin sounded like a 16-year-old girl who is trying to understand what is going on in her life. Of course, the style - with Tandy telling her own story - suited the narration too. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 6, 2014 |

Patterson, JamesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Tandy Angel is, along with her brothers, a suspect in their parents' murder but having grown up under Malcolm and Maud Angel's perfectionist demands, Tandy decides she must clear the family name no matter what.

514 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,707,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible