Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James…

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (edition 2012)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

236None48,580 (3.72)3
Member:hojnicki
Title:Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:1/2

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Author)

Terrible. The concept of the plot was good, but the execution of the story was horrible. (pun intended). They wrote themselves into a corner and came up with an incredibly lame solution. Characters were shallow, and all sorts of strings were left dangling. It is sloppy writing. The authors didn't take the time to do it right; don't waste yours on such a half-hearted effort. You deserve better. ( )
  aegan | Mar 13, 2014 |
I really did enjoy this book. I like the narrator, Tandy. I enjoy how it's narrated! That's what really made me get into it. I liked how you never really knew who did it until the end. You think you suspect one person, then something comes up that gives you doubt, even if its just the smallest amount of doubt.

The closer I got to the end of the book, I had the I like it BUT... thing going, well, that but is gone, kinda...I think the but was the fact it was a little longer than I thought I should have been, a bit drawn out and too much information in some areas, but other than that, I still really liked it.

This was my first James Patterson book. I do plan on reading book 2 in this series (I guess it's a series, or a duo-logy..I only know of the second book)...The second book is called "The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)" and it looks like it's due to come out October 7, 2013.

If you like James Patterson, you've never read him, or even iffy about him, this book is worth a try. This is one of his YA novels.

Reading this book makes me want to at least take a second look at his others, even if I don't get into the others....I am willing to at least see if I'd be willing to try..

To purchase this book, or any other book, you can go to:

(any issues with the link, let me know, I'll try to figure out how to fix them) :-)
  BridgetsBookNook | Feb 6, 2014 |
Not a sound was heard as their lives came to an end. Not a floorboard screeched or moaned. The deaths of Malcolm and Maud are a mystery and the prime suspect is their own daughter, Tandoori.
Now even though Tandoori is the main suspect her whole family is under investigation. The Angel had always been strange and now accusations were coming into play. The others under investigation are none other than her three brothers, Harry,Matty,and Hugo, along with their housekeeper Samantha. When the police can to examine the body's no one was allowed in the room. Therefore Tandoori could not get the evidences she needs to prove her innocence.When Tandoori learns she can’t trust the police to her her she goes out on her own to find the evidence she needs. Tandoori interviews everyone in her building and more, But instead of getting information she finds out more about her past. Will Tandoori turn on her own family, and will she ever prove her innocence?
James Patterson does an amazing job on Confessions of a murder suspect. Its almost as if you are right there with Tandoori as she goes through this life changing experience. Also the characters are very in depth, they could be real people!You can see their emotions change throughout the book.
I would recommend this book to any middle school student who likes mysteries or murder story or both.If you want to know if Tandoori ever gets out of this mess. ( )
  br14dabu | Oct 18, 2013 |
I couldn't stand the possibility that any of the children did it.... it was hard because you are pulling for each one not to be it thinking it had to be one of them. Way to go with the twist of the why and how Mr. Patterson. Loved the book! ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Apr 20, 2013 |

Patterson, JamesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Tandy Angel is, along with her brothers, a suspect in their parents' murder but having grown up under Malcolm and Maud Angel's perfectionist demands, Tandy decides she must clear the family name no matter what.

514 wanted3 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,499,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible