Rapture: A Novel of the Fallen Angels by…

Rapture: A Novel of the Fallen Angels (original 2012; edition 2012)

by J.R. Ward

Member:mamaie
Title:Rapture: A Novel of the Fallen Angels
Authors:J.R. Ward
Info:NAL Hardcover (2012), Hardcover, 512 pages
Collections:My eBook library, Read, Read 2012, Read eBook
Tags:Heaven & Hell, Mathias & Mels, fallen angels, urban fantasy, romance, paranormal romance, good vs. evil, Jim Heron

Rapture by J.R. Ward (2012)

Review Coming Soon at www.theibookemporium.com ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
The romance was quite good, but a lot of the framing device left me cold.

Mels Carmichael's life is boring until the day she runs a man over outside the graveyard. He has amnesia and has physical damage from before the accident. Things that will impact on their relationship. They have to make good choices to save the world.

It's not a bad read but I found the background story to detract from the romance. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 31, 2014 |
★★★★★Rapture (The Fallen Angels, #4) by J.R. Ward

Well we are on book 4 now, and it is getting progressively better, still not BDB, but I am waiting to see what happens in #5. Just sad that the story is finally developing, and there is only supposed to be 3 more books. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
Listening to audiobook.

3.5 stars

I think this book is slower than the previous FA books. I didn't like it as much. I think it is because I didn't like Matthias at the beginning of the book and still don't like him after I finished. I just don't think someone can make that big of a life change because of one woman. Yes, his time in "hell" helped change him too, but I am just not a believer that it only takes a good woman to fix such an F'ed up man.

You do see more of the BDB story crossing over here (more than in the first book). Mels is researching a story of all the missing boys, which can only be boys joining The Omega. I'm still trying to figure out whose house is mentioned at the end of this book. I know it belongs to someone from the BDB series. If we were told (or hinted strongly), I missed it. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
25-Sep-12 ( )
  ReginaR | Aug 3, 2013 |

Mels Carmichael, reporter for the Caldwell Courier Journal, gets the shock of her life when a man stumbles in front of her car outside the local cemetery. After the accident, his amnesia is just the kind of mystery she likes to solve, but she soon discovers they're in over their heads with his past. Over their heads with passion, too...

As shadows walk the line between reality and another realm, and her lover's memory begins to come back, the two of them learn that nothing is truly dead and buried. Especially when you're trapped in a no-holds-barred war between angels and demons. With a soul on the line, and Mels's heart at risk, what in Heaven - or in Hell - will it take to save them both?

After reporter Mels Carmichael hits a disheveled man with her car outside the local cemetery, she pays a visit to the stranger in the hospital. The only thing he remembers of his past is seeing a name written on a headstone: that of Jim Heron--a fallen angel charged with rescuing souls from the seven deadly sins. Now, as Mels struggles to help this mysterious stranger rediscover himself, Heron himself returns to prepare for a battle between good and evil.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,154,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible