Dark Storm (Carpathian) by Christine Feehan

Dark Storm (Carpathian) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Christine Feehan

Member:onyx95
Title:Dark Storm (Carpathian)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:2012, paranormal romance

Dark Storm by Christine Feehan (2012)

Stopped reading at 55% which is probably when the book was about to pick up but I just couldn't take it any longer. I used to love this series but It was just dragging on and on and on. Maybe I will pick it back up at a later date but not anytime soon. ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Hero: Danutdaxton "Dax" / The Old One
Heroine: Riley Parker
Supporting Cast: Annabel Parker, Jubal Sanders, Gary Jansen
Carpathian Cameos: Riordian De la Cruz, Jasmine Sangria
Villian: Mitro Daratrazanoff

Every time I read a new Carpathian book I feel Ms Feehan is throwing us a little something new, and I like it! Dax and the Old One are a different kind of blend but they make the same kind of great Carpathian Hero. I liked Riley and thought her powers were more interesting than some of our previous female leads. I wonder if they will get stronger after she converts? I was thrilled to see Jubal and Gary. They are some of my favorite non Carpathians. I hope we hear more from them in the future. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I kept rolling my eyes after almost every other passage that I read. I knew that Christine Feehan's books are either hit or miss in her Dark series. The previous book, Dark Predator, was wonderful and the little snippet of Dark Lycan at the end of this book was better than the entirety of Dark Storm. I know this book is about vampires, but everything was so delusional. THey didn't even meet until the ninth chapter! The female was annoying and the male was a coward. I didn't like this couple and they weren't even mentioned in the series. I'm excited to read Dark Lycan, which I checked out today, which I can already tell will be much better than Dark Storm. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
After centuries buried beneath a South American volcano trapped in deathless battle with Mitro, once a Carpathian prince, now a malevolent evil, Dax feels the walls of his prison weakening.

For Riley and her mother, the trip deep into the South American jungle isn't for pleasure - it's a race against time to reforge the bonds that hold a terrifying evil. And the jungle itself, not to mention their companions, are conspiring to kill them.

This book just screamed for editing. Repetitious, recycled... whole sections of description could have been removed without sacrificing a bit of plot. At 250 pages, this might have been a worthwhile purchase. At 400+, it's going on my borrow, don't buy list - unfortunately too late, but still. ( )
  SunnySD | Nov 16, 2013 |
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |

Buried alive in a volcano in the Carpathian mountains for hundreds of years, Dax discovers that Mitro, the evil vampire he has been hunting for centuries, is still alive.

107 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,163,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible