Dark Storm (Carpathian) by Christine Feehan

Dark Storm (Carpathian) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Christine Feehan

Member:onyx95
Title:Dark Storm (Carpathian)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:2012, paranormal romance

Dark Storm by Christine Feehan (2012)

I kept rolling my eyes after almost every other passage that I read. I knew that Christine Feehan's books are either hit or miss in her Dark series. The previous book, Dark Predator, was wonderful and the little snippet of Dark Lycan at the end of this book was better than the entirety of Dark Storm. I know this book is about vampires, but everything was so delusional. THey didn't even meet until the ninth chapter! The female was annoying and the male was a coward. I didn't like this couple and they weren't even mentioned in the series. I'm excited to read Dark Lycan, which I checked out today, which I can already tell will be much better than Dark Storm. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
After centuries buried beneath a South American volcano trapped in deathless battle with Mitro, once a Carpathian prince, now a malevolent evil, Dax feels the walls of his prison weakening.

For Riley and her mother, the trip deep into the South American jungle isn't for pleasure - it's a race against time to reforge the bonds that hold a terrifying evil. And the jungle itself, not to mention their companions, are conspiring to kill them.

This book just screamed for editing. Repetitious, recycled... whole sections of description could have been removed without sacrificing a bit of plot. At 250 pages, this might have been a worthwhile purchase. At 400+, it's going on my borrow, don't buy list - unfortunately too late, but still. ( )
  SunnySD | Nov 16, 2013 |
Every time I read a new Carpathian book I feel Ms Feehan is throwing us a little something new, and I like it! Dax and the Old One are a different kind of blend but they make the same kind of great Carpathian Hero. I liked Riley and thought her powers were more interesting than some of our previous female leads. I wonder if they will get stronger after she converts? I was thrilled to see Jubal and Gary. They are some of my favorite non Carpathians. I hope we hear more from them in the future. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
Dark Storms is the most recent in the Carpathian series, and I really liked this newest addition. Not as good as the earlier books, but was still a fun and enjoyable read. Dark Storm was a bit different than her other books in the series. For one we have never dealt with a volcano in her series before, so it was nice reading a scenery that was a bit different. I also liked how there was a dragon aspect added to the hero. I really liked how not only was Dax a powerful Carpathian but he also had his soul combined with a dragons (which I thought was so neat), so he is even more powerful than before. I also enjoyed Riley as the heroine, she is very independent and likes things her own way, but she easily accepts Dax into her life, and doesn't fight her feelings for him. She accepts Dax as he is, and accepts being his lifemate, and I just loved her sense of adventure and fun. I also enjoyed how Dax is not all "he man" and knows how powerful Riley is, and knows that she is key to helping him defeat Mitro. I also loved the chemistry between Dax and Riley, as usual with Feehan, very hot and sexy. One other aspect I enjoyed was seeing some other characters we have seen in other books (such as Gary and Jubal), playing a very active role as well. The one thing that I didn't like very much about the story, was that it didn't start out very excited. We don't see Dax and Riley meet for quite some time. It was almost half way through before we see them interact with each other. So I had to be patient, even though there were some action scenes that happen during this time, then it gets really good in the middle once Riley and Dax explore their relationship more and start their hunt for Mitro. Overall a thrilling and exciting new installment in the Carpathian Series. Even though in the past few years I haven't necessarily loved the later part of the series, I found myself really liking this one, and it has been quite some time since I have felt this way about her series. Definitely a fun tale of adventure, love mixed with danger that will leave you breathless. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 8, 2013 |
I've been a huge fan of the Dark Series from her very first book, Dark Prince. I was hooked! This book... Well, it was lacking. I've never before had the urge to skim through chapters because it was so slow and so uninteresting. There were so many questions about the supporting characters that were brought up, and then… on to the next scene. What happened? I read somewhere that Ms. Feehan became seriously ill while writing this book. If so, I hope that she is doing well. That could explain why the beginning seemed so much more detailed. There was so much build up to the encounter, that when they finally met it seemed like a letdown. I actually put off reading the last half of the book for over a week, when I usually stay up all night and read them straight through. Between the holes in the plot line and the introduction of plot lines not followed, there were a lot of times that reading this became frustrating. However, I can’t wait for the next installment of the dark series!! ( )
  missylyn70 | Nov 22, 2012 |

Buried alive in a volcano in the Carpathian mountains for hundreds of years, Dax discovers that Mitro, the evil vampire he has been hunting for centuries, is still alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,728,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible