Kill You Twice: An Archie Sheridan /…

Kill You Twice: An Archie Sheridan / Gretchen Lowell Novel (edition 2013)

by Chelsea Cain

Collections:Read in 2015, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Gretchen Lowell, Serial Killer

Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain

English (35)  Dutch (1)  All languages (36)
I am officially addicted, but there's only one book left in the series! I don't even mind Gretchen now, even if her frequent Houdini-like escape acts from maximum security facilities are getting a bit tired. Giving her a bit of a backstory, albeit one from a soap opera, possibly helped. The final chapter was still ridiculous, though, however much the reader suspends their disbelief.

After the respite of the previous instalment, Gretchen is back - and she's not alone. Someone is copying her trademark psycho-killings and giving her a bad rep in the process. Through the ever-gullible Susan, Gretchen wants Archie to find her copycat and stop him - but of course there's more to her madness. While Archie, Susan, Henry and Claire puzzle out the connection between the recent murders and Gretchen's confession to her first ever killing, Pearl, the teenager who tasered Archie in - another book, can't remember which, is back and in danger. Susan and her mother take her under their wing, which is always dangerous. I love Susan, but the woman is a liability!

Another wonderfully fast-paced investigation with the screwed-up detective, his bright-haired associate and the ever-cliched serial killer leading them both a merry dance. I already have the next book lined up! ( )
  AdonisGuilfoyle | Mar 6, 2019 |
The minute I picked up this book I couldn't put it down. It sucked me in until the very end, And I have all of her other books currently on order. I highly recommend this author to anyone who is looking for a female lead serial killer series. I can't wait to read the other books in the series. ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |
Ugh, I hate this series. It's so good. Total trash, and the best book I've read this year so far.

Now, you may have noticed I skipped the 4th book in the Gretchen Lowell series. I did that on purpose, as I am told it has very little Gretchen Lowell in it, so what was the point. I don't think I missed anything. ( )
1 vote Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
Very creepy, horror. Great story with gruesome detail. ( )
  jnechiporenio | Sep 25, 2017 |
Author of grisly Beauty Killer series, set in Portland, with another installment. Chelsea Cain writes with more assurance with every new book. This is kind of the origin chapter, and it's effective, though it kind of loses steam near the end. How long can this story be sustained? Don't know, but it's a pretty fun ride. ( )
  jjaylynny | Nov 12, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312619782, Hardcover)

Nothing makes Portland detective Archie Sheridan happier than knowing that Gretchen Lowell—the serial killer whose stunning beauty is belied by the gruesome murders she’s committed—is locked away in a psych ward. Archie can finally heal from the near-fatal physical and emotional wounds she’s inflicted on him and start moving on with his life.

To this end, Archie throws himself into the latest case to come across his desk: A cyclist has discovered a corpse in Mount Tabor Park on the eastern side of Portland. The man was gagged, skinned, and found hanging by his wrists from a tree. It’s the work of a killer bold and clever enough to torture his victim for hours on a sunny summer morning in a big public park and yet leave no trace.

And then Archie gets a message he can’t ignore—Gretchen claims to have inside knowledge about this grisly murder. Archie finally agrees to visit Gretchen, because he can’t risk losing his only lead in the case. At least, that’s what he tells himself . . . but the ties between Archie and Gretchen have always been stronger, deeper, and more complex than he’s willing to admit, even to himself. What game is she playing this time? And even more frightening, what long-hidden secrets from Gretchen’s past have been dredged up that someone would kill to protect?

At once terrifying and magnetic, “Beauty Killer” Gretchen Lowell returns with a vengeance in Kill You Twice, Chelsea Cain’s latest razor-sharp psychological thriller.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:01 -0400)

Struggling to move past his traumatic encounters with serial killer Gretchen Lowell, Archie Sheridan investigates a murder involving a brutally tortured victim before he is contacted by Lowell, who claims to have inside information about the case.

Minotaur Books

An edition of this book was published by Minotaur Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,412,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible