Trickster's Point by William Kent Krueger

Trickster's Point (2012)

by William Kent Krueger

This entry in the Cork O'Connor series tells the story of a murder of Cork's childhood best friend. It does so through a series of flashbacks and we learn a great deal about the youth of Cork that we did not know before. The mystery and the imagery were well done as always by Krueger, and this continues to be one of my favorite series. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
Another great story from an excellent storyteller. In this book we get a lot of background on Cork's teenage years and a lot of great research on the Indians of the area. The author gives us likable characters and a very descriptive setting. The complex plot is fast moving and keeps you guessing through many twists and turns right on through to the surprise ending. I am glad to see that the family is moving on from Jo's death and Cork has a new woman in his life. This is one of my favorite series and I am looking forward to reading the next installment. I would highly recommend this series to those who love mystery thrillers with a touch of Indian history. This series should also be read in order as the books build one upon the other. ( )
  EadieB | Feb 13, 2018 |
4.5 stars. Another great read in this consistently fine series. I'll admit I was a little disappointed with the author because I had figured out the murderer and the motive about mid-book. Yeah, I was completely wrong and can't believe I fell for the red herring.

I enjoyed this book because it included flashbacks of Cork's past -- his childhood and his teenage years, which have not been featured or referenced much in the series.

This was not as much of a thriller in the way the last few books have been. There is no nail-biting suspense and big climactic scene. Instead this story read more like a puzzle, slowing putting piece by piece together until the whole picture comes into view. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
I really like this series (each book would stand alone too) because the author includes Native American beliefs and lore as well as integrating the history of the characters to explain who they are today.

Cork O'Conner is embroiled in the mystery of who killed his long ago friend,Jubal Little. Jubal had many enemies being a politician but, of course, Cork being there when he died from a hand made arrow exactly like the ones Cork makes - makes him the prime suspect.

It is a complex trail he has to journey to find out the identity of the real killer with quite a few false leads. ( )
  Diane_K | Jul 14, 2015 |
William Kent Krueger continues to write books that mine the history and tradition of the Ojibwe for compelling mysteries set in the upper reaches of Minnesota. His characters created for each story serve as strident sharp notes that interrupt the usual rhythms and harmonics of Aurora and Tamarack County. Back-filling their stories adds substance and dimensions to Corks's early life and evolution from policeman to ogichidaa. ( )
  jamespurcell | Dec 4, 2014 |

"Cork O'Connor has gone bow-hunting with Jubal Little, Minnesota's first Native American governor-elect, when an arrow out of nowhere slices through Little's heart. Alas, the arrow belongs to O'Connor, and he must find out who framed him for this murder."--Library Journal.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,534,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible