Magic for a Price by Devon Monk

Magic for a Price (edition 2012)

by Devon Monk

Member:hohosmurf
Title:Magic for a Price
Authors:Devon Monk
Info:Roc (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, Owned, Kindle, Read, Favorites, Audited against Amazon (inactive)
Rating:*****
Tags:urban fantasy

Magic for a Price by Devon Monk

This book ends the Allie Beckstrom series. ( )
  wintertopaz | Jan 18, 2016 |
Devon Monk is brilliant at creating characters with personalities that make them real.

Added note: I didn't know it was the last one in the series!! It felt like it might be but I wasn't sure. Bittersweet -- great series, solid throughout up to the very end -- but I'll miss the characters.

Added note #2: There's going to be a spinoff series! (With Terric and Shame.) Yay! ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
Extremely sad this is the last Allie book! I put off reading it for a while because I don't want this awesome series to end. Only a few chapters in and I have to pace myself because it is so good!
-----------------
I absolutely love the relationship Allie and Shame have, the closeness that only really good friends can have, she cares for him and loves him, but not in a sexual or over the top way. I suppose that's one of the biggest draws for me with this series, the relationships Allie has with each person. Of course the other would be the pure originality of this series. It has been a wonderful road and I wish it could have continued.
Devon monk did a wonderful job of wrapping up this series. I am so sad to see it end but it was a beautiful, tear jerking awesome series. Thank you Devon Monk for sharing your imagination with us. ( )
  Letora | Feb 22, 2015 |
I never wanted these to end. Fantastic finish to one of my new very favorite series. ( )
  Mirkwood | May 10, 2013 |
I've had a mixed relationship with the Allie Beckstrom series, and MAGIC FOR A PRICE addressed many of my issues. But a nine book build up to get answers means high expectations, and my own reaction was mixed to say the least. Monk makes sweeping changes to her world, something I wish had happened earlier in the series. I would have liked MAGIC FOR A PRICE so much more if I could see Allie and company dealing with the consequences of their battle. As a series finale, however, I didn’t care enough about these conflicts, stretched long and thin over nine books, to make the resolution pack significant punch. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |

"For most of her life, Allison Beckstrom has used magic and accepted the heavy price it exacts. But now that all magic is poisoned, it's no longer just using people--it's killing them. With Portland about to descend into chaos, Allie needs to find a way to purify the wells of tainted magic beneath the city. But the only options left to her are grim: attempt to close down magic forever, or follow her father's plan to set magic into the right hands--even though she's learned to never trust his word. Now, Allie will have to make a choice and face the darkness of her own deepest fears, before time runs out for them all."-- P. [4] of cover.… (more)

77 wanted2 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,501,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible