BROKEN by Kimberley Reeves

Title:BROKEN
Authors:Kimberley Reeves
Info:

BROKEN by Kimberley Reeves

At the beginning, I can't say that I was totally into the idea of the premise of this book; twin brothers, one dies, the other takes over his life. It was far fetched, and rather kitchy, but even with the story being what it was, Broken was fantastic. This book actually makes you hurt for Adam, who has placed himself in a no-win situation Jessie. I don't want to give too much away, but this certainly a book to read. ( )
  kristincedar | Dec 8, 2012 |
Broken by Kimberley Reeves was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

I really like this book-I enjoyed getting to know her characters. I just had trouble believing some of the things happening with the main characters- like how could he sleep with a woman who thought he was his brother- and keep being called his deceased brothers name. That seemed a bit unrealistic to me. In the end it was a good book. It had some sweet moments and some intense moments and held my interest. There was some revisitng of the war zone memories for the boys but nothing too drawn out. I would read more books by Ms. Reeves in the future. ( )
  bburke79 | Nov 2, 2012 |
This is the first book I have ever read written by Kimberley Reeves. The first chapter just sucked me in right from the start. I have to say I am not even half way thru the book and it is good. I love the easy banter between Jessie and Mitch. I did not see the twist coming on how Jessie and Mitch found out the truth of what they know about each other. I really liked the story I definitely will be reading more books by this author. ( )
  Scimone | Oct 31, 2012 |
Quick & Dirty:

-DRM ENABLED – Kindle readers only (unless you like computer screens...)
-Quick and simple read
-Don't read if you need a story that rides on more than a relationship

Long & Wordy:

To read my ramble-y review check out one of my blogs...
Tumblr
Blogger

Overall 3.5/5

***I received this book as an ARC. This in no way effected my review.*** ( )
  Ramplo | Oct 24, 2012 |
Adam is a special ops soldier who lives for his work and puts his life on the line without a second thought. His twin brother, Mitch, has followed him into the career just to help take care of him, to be with his brother. One mission goes horribly wrong, and Adam is killed. Mitch knows he must be the one to tell Jessie his brother is dead. Jessie is the woman who, for the past 3 years, has comforted Adam and helped "put him back together" after each mission. Their relationship is a unique one: he goes to her and she loves him and gets him to open up and heal. When he's better, he moves on. He never stays very long, and he's always gone for months at a time. When Mitch sees Jessie, he can't imagine how he's going to tell her, so he decides to pretend to be Adam (they are identical) and give her one more good memory of his brother. Then, he'll send word that Adam's been killed and she'll have all those memories of their last time together. Things are going fine at first. Then, Mitch prolongs telling Jessie because he wants her for himself. He doesn't want to continue deceiving her, but he's fallen in love with her and can't let go.

I was eager to read this after seeing so many positive reviews. I've read the author's Vittorio series, so I knew what to expect as far as writing style. In that, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the beginning, it grabs your interest and holds it to the end. What killed it for me, however, was the awkwardness of Mitch pretending to be Adam. It struck me as odd that he didn't really give a second thought to having sex with a woman who thought he was his brother. It never occurred to him that having sex with a woman who'd slept with his brother was awkward? Obviously, she calls him "Adam," and tha tdoesn't seem to bother him, either. Like I said, awkward.... The other deal-breaker for me was when Jessie finds out the truth, she isn't mad at the least. I would think any woman would be furious, at least for a while. You might get over it, but it would take time. Jessie mourns for Adam in a split second and then decides she wants to "fix" Mitch, too. I think Jessie is really the one who's broken. She doesn't mind a man lying to her, and her self-esteem is tied to how she makes a man feel. ( )
  halo776 | May 15, 2012 |
When you first read an author that you have never heard of you don't know what to expect. This book was such a pleasant surprise! The story is a very sweet one. It is not filled with a lot of angst but you do have a very protective alpha H that falls in love with the h fast and hard. He is not perfect, he is lying to the h for the majority of the story but you fall in love with him anyway. The h is an independent female with a brain and not a doormat to the H alpha behavior. She has no problem sticking up for herself at all. I loved all the characters in this book, even the minor ones. It was a comfort read and I will probably seek this author out in the future to balance out my other angsty reads.
added by Kimberley.Reeves | editAmazon, Reader (pay site) (May 20, 2012)

Kimberley Reeves is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,648,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible