The Perfect Hope (Thorndike Press Large…

The Perfect Hope (Thorndike Press Large Print Core Series) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

Member:madichi
Title:The Perfect Hope (Thorndike Press Large Print Core Series)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Thorndike Press (2012), Edition: Lrg, Hardcover
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****

The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts (2012)

Recently added byRena37, ehelmke, private library, KeriLynneD, stelap, heidigiglio

English (30)  Spanish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (32)
This has been one of my favorite trilogies. I really like the Montgomery brothers and I'm sad to see the trilogy end. Yes, it's a simple love story, not much in the way of twists and turns but sometimes it's nice to read a love story that easily unfolds with no drama, or at least with a little. I liked that the story of Lizzy was wrapped up and I really liked how the story of Billy turned out. I was hooked into this trilogy from the first page of the first book. Thanks Nora for an enjoyable day of reading as I couldn't put this down and read this on a late night and a quiet Saturday. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I loved every book in this series though this book I had the hardest time putting down. I enjoyed seeing a different and somewhat romantic side to Rhyder. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance with a guy's point of view tossed in. Nora Roberts is an amazing writer and my only complaint is not being able to read more books in this series. ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
“I love you. And I’m okay with it.” – Ryder Montgomery

I tend to always find immediately which male lead will be my TOP in a series - tend to, cause there are times I'm proven wrong. And while I do enjoy most stories, it's different when the characters speak to you in a very relatable and likeable level.

Such was the case not only with Ryder, but Hope as well.

Hope Beaumont was the innkeeper Justine Montgomery had hired for the inn her sons built in the series. She was the female version of Owen, the second son, and someone the eldest, Ryder, supposedly disliked at first glance.

Pffft, yeah, right...

Ryder and Hope were the most fitting couple of the series - not that I didn't expect them to be. Always fighting on small and trivial details, yet, when it came to the important stuff, they surprised even themselves with how well they complimented each other. He was her rock and she was the one refining his details.

As the title suggests, PERFECT.

I really adored the way they kept dancing around each other, and how natural it seemed when they finally got together.

And while Ryder, as a typical male, had trouble understanding where to put his foot down and where to compromise, Hope was laid-back and methodical enough to gently coax him to the right direction - or be a little firmer when she needed to be. She was like his mother in a more OCD-kind-of-way, which was fine, because a man like Ryder would sure as hell be attracted to her type. (first-born sons usually do, it's the Oedipus Complex and all that...)

And while, on one hand, we have Ryder and all his gruff manliness and sweet, out-of-the-blue moments, we have Hope on the other. A woman with a capital W. Hope wasn't girly. She was a grown-up female, who knew what she wanted in her life, knew her self-worth, and wasn't leading the guy on. She wasn't whiny. She wasn't bitchy. She was a dignified, proud, and self-assured woman, who didn't need constant compliments, didn't throw jealous fits, and didn't pressure the man into anything he didn't want.

So, even though I swooned for Ryder - because that was totally expected, anyway - I think what made this book even better was Hope. Hands down one of the best female leads in contemporary romance, and seriously needed after certain failures of heroines from previous reading attempts.

Now that I'm done with this series, I'm taking a small break from my beloved NR, though we all know I never stay away for too long...

“I love you. And I’m okay with it, too.” – Hope Beaumont ( )
  Lydia_Perversius | Feb 5, 2016 |
I liked this book better than the 1st and 2nd part of the series - it seemed to be less of a sales brochure. Still way below NR's usual standard, but at least it gives me hope the next series will be better.
3-3,5 stars ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Hope Beaumont
Ryder Montgomery

I'm so glad Ryder and Hope finally go over it and realized they belonged together. It was obvious from the beginning that they belonged together.

A lot of things are concluded in this book. Billy is found, Ryder finally admits he's in love and wants to marry Hope, Avery and Owen get married, we get a small glimpse of the twins. While I'm glad we get a strong ending I feel like I could have continued to read about this family forever. I will miss the Montgomerys and Boonsboro, reading their stories and watching them rebuild a town and forge relationships has brought me many hours of joy. 4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Ryder is the hardest Montgomery brother to figure out -- with a tough-as-nails outside and possibly nothing too soft underneath. He’s surly and unsociable, but when he straps on a tool belt, no woman can resist his sexy swagger. Except apparently Hope Beaumont, the innkeeper of his own Inn BoonsBoro…

As the former manager of a D.C. hotel, Hope is used to excitement and glamour, but that doesn’t mean she can’t appreciate the joys of small-town living. She’s where she wants to be -- except for in her love life. Her only interaction with the opposite sex has been sparring with the infuriating Ryder, who always seems to get under her skin. Still, no one can deny the electricity that crackles between them…a spark that ignited with a New Year’s Eve kiss.

While the Inn is running smoothly, thanks to Hope’s experience and unerring instincts, her big-city past is about to make an unwelcome -- and embarrassing -- appearance. Seeing Hope vulnerable stirs up Ryder’s emotions and makes him realize that while Hope may not be perfect, she just might be perfect for him…

The Montgomery brothers have been the talk of Boonsboro, ever since they decided to renovate the old Inn into an intimate and handsome new Bed and Breakfast. Beckett and Owen have both found love in the process, but what of Ryder, the third Montgomery brother?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,162,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible